Phew..What a busy day! Started out early and ended late. I had a 10K race, car shopping,Valentines dinner and a hockey game all on the schedule today.
I'll start with the car shopping. I finally received my settlement from the insurance co. today after 2+ weeks after my wreck. I didn't buy anything, but I got the chance to look at quite a few vehicles and figure out costs. Due to the economy, car prices are down and rebates are up which is good for me! Went to 5 car lots - argued with 2 salesman, punched out another, and entered into hostile negotiation with the other 2. Just kidding, but real darn close. I hate cocky, know-it-all, lying salesman. Why can't buying a car be as simple as buying bubblegum? Needless to say, I will only be visiting the last 2 before I buy a car/truck on Tuesday.
I ran the StrawPlains 10K. This was the same race that I ran last year in 1:02:35 and injured myself by my inexperience(2months running.)
This race is a challenge due to its elevation changes(big hills), but I still had a goal to break an hour. My previous 10K was 59:42 on a flat course. I couldn't have run this race any better. I finished in 58:59 clock time and 58:50 chip time(9:29 avg). A new PR by a full minute on big hills!! My long run days have been on hills for the past 2 months and boy did it make a difference. I surprised myself on this one.Very busy day it was - 1AM as a blog this. Happy Valentines to you ladies because we know that this holiday is not for us..
I will try to catch up on yall's(TN slang) blog this weekend.




29 Comments:
That is a fantastic effort Dave! Boy you must be please!
Congrats on the PR!
Congrats on the PR - look how far you have come in a year!
Wow Dave, that's fantastic!! A whole minute? Your hard work paid off! Congrats =)
Im skipping the race compliments and going with:
thanks for sharing the phot.
for sharing the love.
Congrats on the PR!! That's great!
Congragulations on the PR!
And, BTW who hasn't felt like punching out a car salesman?
Yeah for the PR!!! Hockey game sounds like fun!
WTG, Congrats on the PR!!!
WOOHOO on PRing on the 10K!!!!
That is freaking awesome Dave!!!
I am very happy for you!!! Keep it going OK?
You look amazing too!!!!!!
Great job especially with all those hills. Love the pics, you look great, all that running is paying off!
Not a holiday for the men??? I'd disagree...they sure gets omething out of it! haha
Great run!!! And yes, injuries are scary things...my injury is just starting to feel *almost* normal again but I am absolutely terrified to run now.
Way to go Dave!
One of my goals for 2009... run a 5k
Awesome job Dave, congrats on your PR! Especially with all those hills! :) Great pics too.
Woohoo! :)
And congrats on the whole family being together again - couldn't comment on the last post because the comments were blocked. :(
:) Anyway, great job on the run. You rock.
congrats on the PR. It looks a little chilly there.
Congrats on the race man - you're looking good in those pictures!
Congratulations on the PR Dave. It sounds as if you had a great day.
That is awesome!! CONGRATS on the PR Dave!
You ran an amazing race!!! Well done.
PRs are the best! You are THE MAN! You already got your insurance settlement? My burglary was back in December, and my insurance company still hasn't settled-sheesh. And I could teach you some secrets to getting a good deal at a car dealership since I worked at one for 20+ years, but then I'd have to kill you.
Wow, you are proof that training really pays off. Great PR!
Hehehe.
1) My blogging spree was because my internet started working again!
2) You should come to Florida for the 10 miler! Remember...the weather? ...the beach? No scrubbing trash cans...
=)
great job on the PR!
Way to kill that PR! Nice work!
Good luck finding a new ride.
Congrats on the PR! Fantastic.
Congrats on the PR! Thanks for sharing the photos. Sounds/looks like you had a great Valentine's day.
Oh man... Congrats on the new PR. See how much of an improvement you have been. This is nothing to sneeze at dude! Phenomenal!
My advice.. Get a new 2009 Range Rover !
Very awesome PR - breaking the hour mark, hooray!!
Post a Comment