As you all have noticed from my previous posts that my knee has been hurting pretty bad. Well after I ran the 10K on Saturday, I could barely walk the next day. It looks like my fast plan to running success has taken it's toll. It was just a matter of time before I knew that I was going to have to rest my knee. I really wanted to run the 10K, but I knew that if I did it meant trouble. Everytime I ran for the past 2 weeks my knee would give me intense pain. I really should not have run that race. Doing a 6 mile +tempo race pace would come back to haunt me. I wasn't so excited about my time the other day. The truth is that after mile 2 my knee started hurting and by mile 4 it was intense. I started to "limp" run which really slowed me down.
While at work the other day, I had an unofficial visit to the orthopedic Dr.. He diagnosed it as bursitis and that rest along with the R.I.C.E. would be the only thing that would help. Again this was unofficial so no xrays/ct's/MRI's were performed.
Because the lack of no long runs the last 2 weeks and the rest period of 2 more weeks would only give me 4 weeks to get ready for the half marathon which would put me @ the chance of reinjuring my knee again. I can't do that. I have been at a breakneck speed of trying to get ready for this half, ever since I started running back in December. I think if it wasn't for my extra weight that I am carrying this might've not happened.
After running the 10K the otherday, I realize just how difficult it is to keep up a race pace for a long race. I don't think that I could do that for 13.1 miles . If this injury didn't happen, yes I could run the half, but I wouldn't be able to do it well. Finishing that the long of a race would be nice, but I don't think that I would be happy at my time. I wasn't for the 10K either. My fault there though. I rushed it... Yes my time is important. It's that stubborn, "man" ly pride, the kind that causes injury. So anyway, I am going to give it a break and hopefully start back soon.
3 years ago
0 Comments:
Post a Comment