Sunday, October 12, 2008

Worldwide Festival Of Races






Today I ran a 10K race for the Worldwide Festival Of Races, formerly the "The Zen Run 10K." On the weekend of 11-12 October 2008 runners from around the world will 'virtually' come together to celebrate their passion for the sport they love by running The Worldwide Festival of Races Half Marathon, 10K and 5K distances.


I really wanted to run the half marathon distance, but didn't have anyone else to run it with, but the 10K was fun anyway.

My goal was to beat my previous 10K and the "1 hour" barrier. I ran my first 10K back in February in 1:02:35 in a hobbling mess. I started out @ a 9:45 pace and stayed consistent with my 5K split @ 30:10. I felt very good at that point and fought the urge to run faster and "tanking." I would have to pick up the pace "a little" though on the last 5K in order to beat 1 hour. The run and race went great, with me finishing in 59:42 (9:36 pace). A new PR!!! Never felt that I was killing myself throughout the entire run. You are supposed to be dying in races.. haha. So the cool thing is maybe, just maybe I am getting "into shape."

10 Comments:

Lori said...

Congratulations!!!

joyRuN said...

Awesome 10K! Congrats on the PR, & on feeling great afterwards :)

Kelly said...

Yeah! Congratulations on your time...have to say I am a little jealous though.

Progman2000 said...

Congrats on the PR, I regretfully missed the festival of races this year. By the way, I've "tagged" you in my blog.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on your PR!!!

Steven Cohen said...

Way to go, Dave!

Lesley Looper said...

Congrats on the PR, Dave! Nice run! I bet your new 10K PR is short-lived. :)

Matt Keeling said...

Sweet! I am using my time from the race this coming weekend for the World Wide Festival of Races. I did a training run this weekend on the course so I have an idea of what to expect.

Great job on the PR. You are a serious inspiration!

Donnalouise said...

WAY TO GO!!! I'm jealous...wish I was a runner.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on your PR!!! What a great feeling and you were totally hauling butt!!

Nashville Half 2009?? It's the weekend of my 37th bday :-)