Thank You so much for the kind words after my wreck. Things are moving very slowww with the insurance. It sucks!! Still don't have the stupid accident report from a week ago. Frustrating... No report, no new car.. The truck doesn't look that bad, but then again it is 5000 lbs. Everyone elses was much worse! What you don't see is the underneath- bent frame, broken axle, broken transmission, broken exhaust caused by driving OVER the second car and guardrail. The insurance deemed this a total loss. I was going to buy a new vehicle anyway and give this to my son when he turned 16, so much for that... sry, can you tell I'm aggravated? :)
Moving along....
What do you think about this weather? 50 to 60 and sunny all week! oops at least in the Southeast of US. "It's a site for sore eyes!"
I hadn't planned on running on Sat due to my long run on Sunday, but it was too pretty outside not to. I completed a nice 5 mile tempo run and even got a little sun during the run. Going into today, I was afraid that I was going to be too tired to run 10 miles. I made sure to prefuel before the run for fear of bonking. Another gorgeous sunny 60 deg day. I've been so accustom to running in 35-40 deg that 60 deg felt a bit too hot. haha (listen to me complain about sunny and 60.) I took off and the first 1/2 mile was so damn tiring , but by the 2.5 mile mark I was cruising. I made sure to run 30 seconds slower this week than last. At the 45 min mark I ate a bag of sports beans-(love those things) and at the 70 min mark I ate a Gue gel(chocolate mint.) I was getting tired at the 7.5 mile mark, but then I passed a girl running group of 5 that were rather giddy. All 5 lined up and put out their hands and "high-fived" me as they were running and gave shouts of encouragement. You can tell that they had "fresh legs" and were having a good time. It reminded me of playing basketball back in high school/college and slapping hands at the beginning of a game. haha That's why I love running and the camaraderie that goes along with it. That encounter left me with a pep in my step. It took my mind off my body hurting (It's all between the ears!) and the next 4.5 miles went great! I finished with 11.34 miles!!!! 1hr 57 mins 30 secs. for a 10:22 avg. Minus last years Cades Cove runs this is my 3rd longest run this era in time and distance. Feeling good right now about it!
Questions/observations
Up to the "silly girls" encounter I was avg 11min/mile (long, slow) but the last 4.5 was at 10min/mile. There was an article in this months Runners World magazine about whether you are a "waver" or a"nonwaver." I am definitely a "high-fiver, "doing great", nodding smiling fool. Yes and I wave too. I had an encounter like this last year that really helped me get through a run and also an encounter that helped a guy get through his run. What do you think? Are you a waver or not ?
Tomorrow is weigh in time and my fingers are crossed.
Have a good week!
21 Comments:
sucks about the insurance. hopefully it'll get sorted out soon enough. Great job on the run! I nod and smile, maybe a little wave if the other person is responsive,
If they don't respond, i turn my head and stick my tongue out at them. Kidding. :)
Oh my gosh I am so sorry to hear about your wreck!! Sory I am a bit slow this week getting caught up! :( That is so crappy. I hope it all gets sorted out soon.
I am definitely a slap the ass kinda girl...Ive slapped many innocent runners in my day...always makes them run a bit faster...in the opposite direction...
That's an impressive level of damage! Very fortunate that no one was hurt (except your 16 year old, right)?
Love the poll, btw!
Dealing with insurance can be such a pain. Hope you get things settled soon, Congrats on getting in your good runs! Good luck on the WI!
I'm definitely a waver, smiler and hier!
Sounds like a great run!
Id be aggravated as well. as much as I am so working on being GRATEFUL once I knew everyone was ok Id be ready to get the red tape MOVING.
glad it was a good running weekend there (perfect running weather here too) and here's to a GOOD WEIGH IN as well.
That's too cute with the high-fivers! I usually don't get close to anyone to do that.
It wasn't an option in the poll, but I'm a waver. If I know the person, I throw a smile in there. If I'm not gasping, I'll try to say "hi"!
I hate dealing with insurance companies. You would think with the amount of money we pay them they could be a little more efficient! Great job on the run.
Oh no! I missed what happened...must have happened while I was on vacation. sorry to hear about it. Insurance stinks!
Just glad you and the others were ok. I am a smile and waver. If they say hi, I an happy to quickly return the favor.
Insurance is a pain...I still haven't settled the bodily injury portion of my accident since last May! So thank goodness you weren't hurt and at least your kids weren't with you too!
I am a smiler/waver. Every once in awhile I pass a hyper-focused dude and then just a nod will do ha ha....
The truck doesn't look that bad?! Sha, yeah it does!
Interesting wave poll. Turns out I'm the sole "smile only" vote. Guess I'm anti-social like that. :o)
I can relate!
I passed a guy in my race over the weekend who turned to me and said "Great job!" as I passed.
That put the little kick in my step I needed = )
Hey there my running friend!!!
Excellent run!!
I am a smiler, waver and I say hi sometimes too!!
Sometimes if i am having a bad run or a hard run i don't even look at anybody. But thats not often!!!
WOOHOO!!! Keep it going SuperDave!!!!
Dave - I e-mailed you the actual excel file. I hope it helps :)
Oh my gosh Dave, I guess I was behind in my reading. Glad you are OK! Hope the insurance is straightened out soon!
Hope that insurance issue is resolved soon, and get a BMW! ;)
How awesome to run by younger (cute?) girls who offer high-fives! Of course that charges you up!
I'm very mid-western, so I smile, wave, say hi, ask how their family is doing, offer a nice home-cooked meal, and the sweaty shirt off my back if they need it! Really, I read that article too, and can't stand it when they don't acknowledge me!
Oh, and a Garmin can program anything you want in it! Very useful for training!
I'm a smile/nod/hi type of gal myself. I don't really wave though, but I do say hi and smile.
Great job on the run. It's amazing what a group of sweet, giggly girls will do for the old running mojo.
You men are so easy :)
Wow YIKES about the truck but thankfully you're ok :-)
I'm a smiler and a "hi"-er ;-)
Insurance companies suck like a Hoover. Hope it all gets settled for you soon. Hopefully, they're paying for a rental car for you? I'm dealing with insurance right now due to my sucky house burglary. I feel your pain.
I am a smiler and I say hi too. I have noticed though that bikers don't like to talk to runners and vice versa. Now that I am both, I make a BIG point in saying "hi" to EVERYONE...I want everyone to feel the love :)
Post a Comment