Sunday, October 26, 2008

Beautiful Fall Day

What a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood.. I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like YOU!*hum* *hum* haha. I hope you all remember that or are you too young? cmon.. Mr Rogers!
Sunny 60-65 degrees, faint wind - great day to be out in my neck of the woods. Had a busy day this week at work like many of you and had to work on Saturday so I slept in a bit today. Wasn't a lazy Sunday like a few weeks ago. Did a little grocery shopping and picked up lots of healthy fruit and veggies. Unloaded the bags, ate a bite, then headed out for my run. I didn't get out on the road until early afternoon. Today I decided to run through town instead of the normal Sunday trail runs. Nice change..
The reason I was humming the Mr. Rogers tune is because I seen and talked to so many people I knew while running. Lots of runners and bikes out today, rather nice. Running can be lonely for the most part, but when you have a partner to run with or at least some fellow runners out there it makes the runs so much more enjoyable. I did manage to hook up with a gent that was at the end of his 20 miler for the day. I caught him at his 15 mile mark and you could tell he wished his day was over. We ran together for 2 miles and told me that I helped him get through the rough part, he gave me a high 5 , turned the corner, and went on his merry way. I managed to see many more throughout my run including - (Please don't judge this old man.) a rather cute(ok hot !) young lady whom I caught up to around mile 8. Picture this: I'm toward the end of my run, I'm a little tired, a little sweaty and she is running about the same pace(maybe a little slower) than me.
Do I :
a) zoom by her, scaring the crap out of here
b) slow down and run behind her so she thinks I'm a perv
c) stick out the chest, flex the muscles, and pretend I'm not "winded" as a I am
d) ran casually by her like a dork and say "hey, great running!"
e) all the above
Yes, you guessed it. E) all the above LOL!!!!!
I stayed in behind her ; she turns around (oh crap she thinks I'm a perv), then zoom by her and she gives out a big OH! ; as I'm passing I stick out my chest, flex my big toe(only muscle I have), and pretend I'm not winded; then she giggles and I say," Oh I'm sorry for startling you? Great running!" I'm such a geek, dork, loser, you big dummy...
as I'm passing she says, "I saw you about 30 minutes ago running up the road and I was hoping you would catch up. I hate running by myself." Yowsa! I am such a freakin STUD!, a chic magnet, I am so cool and suave, the girls just can't stay away..
Ahahahaha. She was a very friendly, sweet 25 yr old girl who just made this 38 yr old guy feel like he was 25 again. hehe I am so freakin old..
Anyway knocked out 10 miles in 1hr 47mins. I've been able to get in some very nice long runs lately; albeit slow, but I guess they are supoosed to be.
Hope you got a kick out of that story.. :)
and I will leave you with this gem:
Studly guy!
That is just the kinda thing I would do.

16 Comments:

joyRuN said...

Great job on an EXCITING 10 miles, you studly perv! LOL!!

BeachRunner said...

Nice run. Mr. Rogers would be proud. Just make sure you have a suave follow-up to "hey great running" for your next encounter with your new running friend.

Anonymous said...

Haha - you really don't want to sneak up behind us ladies. You never know which one of us is going to turn around with the mace :D

Steven Cohen said...

Sweet, running behind a hot chick! So, since when is 38 old? I'm one week shy of 42, my friend, and your miles are beating mine. Keep up the great work!

Happy Fun Pants said...

Way to go! That's for hitting on a young hot chick, for having her hit on you back (seriously, that's what I think it was) and for having a great 10 mile run.

And why wouldn't she think you're a hot stud? Oh wait...that's because you were sort of a perv at first.

I still think you should work that angle if you're interested. I'm not quite sure what a good follow up would be, but I'm sure you'll think of something...

Unless you're married. Because I don't know you that well...so you could be.

Crap. If you're married, forget what I wrote about going after that young chick and apologies to your wife. :)

Kristy said...

lol..omg..Mr Studly Von Perv. You are so lucky you didn't get pepper-sprayed. But, maybe she was interested..sounds like it.

ARE u married? if not, your follow up could be.."I'm getting back to eating healthy. Wanna come over and cook together?" Either you show her what a stud you are in the kitchen, or ask for her help. Either way, how could she refuse?

Yay on the veggies!!! Spinach is your friend...and Mr Rogers would definitely agree with that.

WWSuzi said...

I'm pretty impressed that you had a great run, even if you are a studly perv ;)
Actually i love trying to catch up to people and it makes me go faster when someone passes me!

Anonymous said...

knocked out ten miles...some day those words shall exit my mouth.

have a great week!

FLYERS26 said...

Nice Run!
Believe me, when you are out doing a long 15, 20 mile run, if you run with someone it helps! Believe me, you really helped that runner out.

now another question... Did you run in the Mr.Rodger's sweater?

Anonymous said...

:D Too funny!! Your story made me laugh so hard. Guess you never know how you'll meet a new running buddy.

Anonymous said...

Love that "e" was the answer LOL Good for you and 38 is NOT old...you still got it.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane with Mr Rogers, love that guy.

Congrats on the distance and time, it's not that slow. You're building and that's most important. You'll be ready for 13.1 in no time.

Anonymous said...

Superdave , You crack me up!! I came over here to comment on your funny post, and laugh at you for saying you are freaking old at 38, and then I read your comment and I REALLY LOL'd out loud!

"Woman are evil.. oops did I just say that?? :)"

Even though I'm a nurse, I had a serious paranoia about going to the doctor myself for a LONG time. And here's MY famous saying about doctors:

"Doctors are evil and must be avoided at all costs."

Feel free to lift the second part of my mantra and add it to yours about women.

Have a good day, Doctor Superdave!

Tanya said...

I found your blog through our mutual fellow blogger beachrunner and laughed a lot while reading, always a good thing! Just remember we are'nt all evil, just some of us (not me of course, I'm very sweet). Anyway, I'm glad I found your blog!

Unknown said...

ROFLMAO !!! You are way too funny, dude. Got me cracking up. This is like Chevy Chase meeting Christine Brinkley version. Bet you were running in street shoes and sweater like Mr. Rodgers.

Keep up the good work !!!

Laurel said...

LOLOLOL!!! I LOVE it! You ARE a studly runner man!!!

Sounds like she was totally interested! Did you talk to her anymore???

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO! HAHAHAHAHHAHAA You are such a MAN! HAHAHAHA Love it! Too funny.