I've had a crazy week - good and bad in many ways, but a week I would not like to relive. I'm always a bad news first kinda guy.
I was in a horrendous traffic accident. I'm obviously okay or I wouldn't be posting this, but my truck is toast and a few others. Driving down the highway approaching a stoplight which was green. A car darted across my path-STUPID!! I didn't even have time to hit my brakes-KABOOM!! My vehicle struck the mid-back of the car cutting it in two. There was a car merging onto the hwy that my forward momentum brought me into. After plowing through the second car and taking off the entire front end of it ,I came to rest on top of a guardrail after I took out the entire guardrail. The intial vehicle went into an uncontrollable spin taking out 2 other cars. 5 cars in all! It was one of the scariest moments in my life! Can you believe noone got hurt? A matter of inches is the difference between life and death. It was that close! God was watching out for all of us. I am thankful to be alive. I'm posting this a few days after the accident as my nerves are now calmed. I have played the scenario over at least 100 times in my head. You had to be there to see the carnage- it was devastating! The most important thing is that everyone is okay. If I get the opportunity, I will post a few picks (when I get em.) Also, very sore - but back to normal..
Running - Yesterday my soreness disappeared and I went out for my long run. It was unseasonably warm (50deg) and I was able to wear shorts and a long sleeve technical shirt during my run; nice change.. The run went great! I ran 10.02 miles in 1:42:55, a full 7 minutes faster than last weeks 10 miler. Last week I had to walk multiple times and stop to stretch my lower back and hamstrings. Yesterday went so much smoother. Only once for about 10 seconds did I have to stretch.
Weigh-IN/Eating - Of course we all know what yesterday was - The SUPERBOWL! Wasn't that a great game?! I wanted Arizona to win, but I knew that Steelers were a more rounded team. I wasn't dissapointed in the game one bit. I hosted a small get together party and served a ton of fattening, high calorie, unhealthy food . I quote my brother, "Dave I swear if you serve that fat-free, green, healthy crap, I'm not coming over." "Just because you are a health nut now, doesn't mean that we have to live it to!" ahahaha. After eating crap yesterday, I was a little weary about by weigh-in today. Then again, other than yesterday - I've have been watching everything that goes into my mouth.
January Review - I managed 66 miles this month after the first week of only 9 miles - good recovery. 14lbs lost for the month.. I finely got consistent about strength training and haven't missed a workout yet. Lastly my food choices have gotten so much better. I'm eating a small countries worth of vegetables a day. Moderation and refocus on my goals is the key.
So bad, ends with good and it's ALLGOOD....

29 Comments:
Sorry to hear about your truck and the wreck, but happy no one got hurt. Congrats on the weight loss and the great exercise you are getting in!
glad to hear everyone's ok and you can run.
I, too wanted the Cards to win. Glad the game was exciting.
OMG! Sorry to hear about the accident, but thankfully no one got hurt! I can imagine you replaying that in your mind... phew! Congrats on the weight loss and the workouts, awesome :D
Holy crap dude! That sounds horrific. I am glad to hear everyone is okay. Scary indeed.
Great job on the run and a kick butt January! Way to go!
Dave - I'm glad everyone is okay! Sorry about your truck, but at least's replaceable.
Glad to hear your o.k!!
Nice weigh in and i've got to say those are some great workouts :)
I am so glad you are ok, and the others too. The accident sounds awful. Someone was watching over you guys.
You're right, it's amazing that no one was seriously hurt, thank God! Sorry about your truck.
1.42.55 dude AWSOME!!!
I am so so proud of you for your run and your time!!!
Now thank goodness you are OK!!! What a scary thing to have gone through!! I am so glad you are OK Dave!!!!
Good job on the eating too!!! Keep it going.
FOR ME!!!!
MY TOE HURTS!!!!
Holy cow! Sorry to hear about your truck, but glad to hear no one was hurt. Isn't it amazing how the soreness disappears in the face of a good workout?
I'm sorry, I couldn't concentrate on the rest of your post after the accident.
DAVE! I'm so glad you're ok! That's awful and so scary! You all were so lucky to be alright. I'm so happy to hear only cars were hurt (although that still sucks).
Dave - you're awesome.
Glad to hear you & everyone else was okay in the accident, especially from how you describe the wreckage!
Holy crap! I'm so glad everyone is ok. I'm amazed your weightloss still went well after that. I would have binged on comfort food for a week or two!
Glad you and everyone else are okay, Dave.
Did I read spinach between the lines there? ; )
Great job on the running, strengthtraining, and the weight loss!
scary huh? I swear one big reason I never wanna leave TX is that people dont skid on the roads in the HEAT.
too many years in icy PA (GO BIG BEN!)
small countries worth of veggies.......too funny!
Thank God you are all okay. When something like that happens, it's kind of a wake up call....maybe someone affected by the wreck really needed it in some way.
Congrats on the loss!!!
I am so happy to hear that you are OK. That sounds like a scary situation but I agree that g-d was watching out for you and everyone else involved.
WOOT WOOT on the HUGE LOSS!!! That is really terrific. Your runs are getting easier because you're getting fitter and healthier.
I LOVE what your brother said. I had friends at my old job who said the same thing. I ignored them and nobody knew it. LOL
Am I am going to see you in April?
Wow, what a super scary story. Glad you're alright.
Excellent work on the weigh-in!
Glad that you are okay! You have a great positive attitude...you're awesome! Congrats on the weight loss too!!! Keep up the good work!
So glad you and everyone else were OK. Sorry about your truck. Congrats on the great workouts!
Oh boy Dave, that stinks! Just reading your story took me back to last May when I was in my accident. I am so glad no one was hurt!
You are ROCKIN' with the weight loss! And look at the difference in your running! Last night I picked my little 5 pound dumbells off the floor to put them away, and I Thought, holy cow, 5 pounds is really a lot of weight....think how much faster I could run with just 5 less pounds? You've lost 14 more! That's amazing. Great focus there my friend, I'm so impressed!
Wow Dave! I can't believe no one got hurt. Thank God!
First off I'm glad you're OK! It's lucky there was no tragedy after someone ran a red light! Secondly, I bet you needed that big run to work off the stress. No wonder it was such a good run.
And congrats on the lifestyle change! It sounds like you've figured that part out!
I`m glad everyone survived the crash, it must have been real scary for those involved.
Great running. I`d love to be able to run 10 miles and more in a session. One day maybe.
OMG, that is SCARY!! I'll echo everyone else, thank god you came out of it unscathed, but your poor truck. And your brain...I'd be shaken for days after that. Hugs to you.
Ooh, car wrecks suck! I'm glad you're doing ok, and lots of kudos to you for keeping up with your workouts!
OMG Dave, yikes, I am so relieved to hear you (along with the others) are okay!
You are correct, God was watching you and wasn't ready for you. Hang tight!
Holy Moly!!! Thank goodness you're okay, that everyone was safe!
Just also read your newest post, and must say you have a beautiful family :)
Post a Comment