Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wipe Out

Edit: Somehow my other pic(old Asics) got deleted and I deleted from my computer! oops

So far I've had a good weekend of running - sort of..


Saturday I knocked out 4.0+ miles(4.08 to be exact.) in a "hair" less than 10min/ mile.(9:59 to be exact. LOL!) Yes, when it comes to my running I am "anal" like that. hehe.. I did a 11min warmup mile then picked up the last 3 @ 9:30 pace. Felt good until the last 0.5m, then tired.Still kept up my pace though. I think it was the heat. 88 deg and a horribly hot 15 mph wind. It was weird. I think the wind was from the reminents of the Tropical Storm.






Today ;like my usual Sundays ,I hit the trails. I am really liking this trail running. It is so different from road running - challenging hills, beautiful scenery, dirt(easier on the body,) wildlife, sounds, cover from the baking sun! In fact, most running plans outline at least 1 hilly course per week.


Good and bad run today. The Good - I ran for an 1hr 15 mins - 6.48 miles avg 11:37. A little faster pace than last week. The bad - Around mile 4 I was starting to get tired. I guess I was starting to shuffle my feet and whack! Into a tree root and "tumble city!" I skidded on the trail and rolled a bit. LOL!! Picture This: Spray your shirt down with a hose, now roll in the dirt. That was me! YUCK!! Got scraped up arm,leg,back..


Picture after the run:



Luckily I hit and rolled on the opposite side of my broke ribs(which are doing much better I might add.) I picked myself up and finished the run. Funny though, is that I had to pass at least 8-10 people while I was covered in dirt/mud.


Trail Running -



  • I recommend running with trail shoes. Girls, this will give you another reason to buy some more shoes. OR use a pair of your older running shoes. They definitely will get "dirtied up."




  • Lift your feet while running, no shuffling like me.. Don't elephants shuffle?

  • Keep your eyes looking ahead

  • Cob-webs taste horrible

  • Keep a little extra "tank in the gas" when that bee decides to chase you for a quarter mile.

  • Dirt attached to sweaty legs looks sexy!

  • Bears do bite (Towards the bottom)

  • Deer know karate (Post toward the bottom)

  • Trail Bike tires leave marks on the body when getting run over
Now that everyone is "psyched up!"
Let's go run some trails!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever try energy gels to fight fatigue?

SuperDave said...

Yes, I am out. I need to stock up.

Andrew is getting fit said...

Just as well you did redamage the ribs!

Lori said...

Ouch! The hazards of fitness, I guess.

I am going to hold you accountable for eating clean this week!

john - from fat to fit said...

I know I shuffle when I run - lucky not to have tripped so far.