I haven't posted in over week. Sometimes in becomes difficult to post if I don't do it after an activity. I sorta lose my momentum..
My running has suffered lately due to the heat, work, and family summertime. Each are good causes, but they are still excuses - I can always find time, a little tired lately. Less than 10 miles, each of the past 2 weeks. I did go on a great WhiteWater Rafting trip last week though!
About today : I had a great trail run today in Panther Creek State Park. I had no plans as to where to run. I just hit trail after trail. Very challenging trails to say the least. Rolling terrain with many hills of 20 - 200 feet. A few steep grades. I ended up running for approx. an hour - a little bit over 5 miles. I took it slow, for fear of a twisted ankle. Even @ the slower pace, my HR climbed many times into the 170's. I was exhausted afterwards. I chose to run in the park instead of the roads because of the heat. The trees protected me from the sun, for the most part.
I did meet a friendly deer while running. I past in once and it jumped into the woods. On the last mile of the run, I ran into it again and this time it let me get close. About 5 feet. I kept thinking it was going to turn into " Samurai Deer."
LOL, but it never did. Work the next 3, probably won't run until Sunday.
I am doing well, with 100 pushup challenge. I am @ the start of "Day1 of week 2." I'm up to about 15 @ a time, with 5 sets. TOUGH!!! Can I do a 100 straight? We'll see.....
3 years ago
0 Comments:
Post a Comment