You can proably tell by the title that I wasn't too happy with my weigh-in on Wednesday. I put back on 12 lbs over the last few months. I haven't been eating too bad, but a few bad choices and my fear of the scale has caused it. I just need to weigh myself at least every 2 weeks and remember to be more diligent with my food choices. I'm glad that I have stopped the bleeding and have refocused my attention to my diet.
Weighed in this morning and have already lost 2 lbs. The early few pounds is usually water loss, but I don't care - I'll take it. I have never had a problem losing weight when I have been consicious of it, but gaining it back has been the problem. I love food - all kinds. You name it and I'll eat it. I think if I just remove the portion of my brain that likes food., I'll be alright.. hehe
I admire people that are able to stop eating when they fill that "full" sensation. One of my problems has been the inabitlity to stop when full. Our society encourages it. Look at all of the buffet restaraunts out there. 75% of the people at a buffett will say when done, "I shouldn't have ate that much."
Good run yesterday evening. My legs have felt light lately - hope it is a trend. Over the last few months I have been running for enjoyment with no set goals in mind and consequentily have gotten slower on my runs because of it. The running with "no pressure has been nice, but the dissapointment after the run due to lack of pace hasn't been. The last week was fun due to 2 days of "no pressure" easy runs and 3 days of goal oriented runs. I'm gonna stick with that plan.
I had 2 days off of running due to work obligations, so yesterday I decided to speed it up with intervals. Even though I was on my feet for 14 hours yesterday at the hospital, I ran rather speedy for me. I avg'd a 9:25 pace over 3.5 miles(33mins) with a warmup mile and a cooldown 1/2 mile with my fastest mile @ 8:36. I also did 3 strides of 30 seconds within the intervals/ no breaks though. Almost felt like I was in a race. I hope to do intervals at least once a week and throw in more strides from time to time. Enough for now..
3 years ago
6 Comments:
Starting the conscious weight loss at 12 lbs regained is better than 12.1+ regained, right? I didn't start again until 60+ regained. And you already have 2 off!
Congrats for having the nerves of steel (that we all know is required) to step on the scale again!
I've been doing intervals with running as well. It has really helped decrease my time in an easy way. It seems to make the run go by faster as well, as it breaks it up into chunks.
And I totally understand admiring those with a 'full' mechanism. I don't have one, or it's broken, or set too high LOL. I have come to terms with the fact that I will never be an intuitive eater.
I don't feel full EVER either.
Ditto on the never feeling full! If there is an open bag of cheetos in front of me, it will be empty before too long.
I need to start consciously watching what I eat again soon, too. I did WW pretty successfully in college one summer, but as soon as the classes started the counting points stopped. I'm hopeful that perhaps starting with exercise first and then incorporating better eating habits is the way to go (as my body naturally craves healthier food after working out).
Hey Dave, I sent you an invite to dailymile.com
I think you would like it!
Well I highly recommend you weigh in every damn day. You, me, a lot of people find weight gain correlates very strongly with not stepping on the scales.
Post a Comment