Sunday, January 11, 2009

poof its gone

Can you believe how quick this weekend went. I vote for a 3 day weekend from here on out. haha 2 days aren't enough!

I managed a whopping 2 days of running this last week.

>25 miles over the past 6 weeks to 9 miles this week. Work is killing my energy level! While at work this week all I could think about is me NOT logging miles. Is that addiction or what?! Do you guys feel bad when you miss runs or workouts or is it just me? Saturdays 3.5 miler did go well - my HR stayed low even though I kept a faster pace. Maybe my body needed the break? hmmmm... Today I was only able to get in a tad over 5 miles. This week, I'll have more opportunites to get out and run.
I'm loving my Ipod Touch! It does so many cool things. It has the ability to download apps that can make your life so much easier. Besides the Nike+ that is built in and the many games, the coolest features is the health and fitness apps that can be downloaded. Workout routines, running, swimming, biking routines, GPS'ing for your routes, calorie counting, food logging, weightlifting, BMI and weightloss logs and calculations. The list is endless. Do I sound like a commercial? haha
As far as the Nike+ goes it logs your miles, but not much more than that. It doesn't keep good track of pacing and the software lacks a ton. I'll still continue to use it to keep track of total miles. My Polar watch does 10x what the Nike+ does. I'm sure the Garmin does 10 x what my Polar does.. Don't we just love our gadgets! One of these days you are going to see me running down the road w/ an antenna on my head, a watch on each wrist, gadget on each arm and shoes w/ springs. haha
Hope everyone has a good week!

21 Comments:

Steven Cohen said...

Man, when work gets in the way of running it sucks. But I've been trying to fight the urge to stay longer than necessary. It's not the same as your job by a mile! I can go home and prepare there, buddy! Anyway, enjoy the + system! It doesn't matter if something else is better, as long as you like what you have, right?

BeachRunner said...

Enjoy that Touch. I have the iPhone and just LOVE it. So many apps, so little time. LOL.

Viv said...

Sorry work has been getting in the way of running. LOL @ running with anteni!

billdowis said...

Man, I am with you all the way. Ihate it when I miss a run or don't have time to get one in. I am always thinking about running, wether I miss a run or not.

And yes... I love my gadgets. The forerunner 305 is awesome and i love playing with it!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i have the iphone as well and love it. i don't like missing a run... but life often gets in the way... so i know it'll happen.

Tanya said...

Gah-missing a run sucks. I'm convinced I'll stop being a runner if I miss one run, like all the conditioning is just going to be sucked out of my body-crazy!

Marci said...

Sometime a break is good. I hate missing runs though!!

Pat said...

I find being healthy and alive vital to my work. So, running ranks higher than work. I have yet to tell that to my clients, however.

Anonymous said...

ok IM not at the running over work (yet. now I think Id rather work :)) but WEIGHT TRAINING over all else.
Im there.

and you know Im also there with the body needing a break sometimes.

and the wanting a longer weekend.
can you tell Im greeting this morning TIRED?
:)

joyRuN said...

LMAO at that cartoon. That was me the entire weekend. Not a single mile.

Anonymous said...

I feel guilty when I skip runs, however more so when I am training for something. I agree, work 4 days have 3 off.

Denise said...

It was all I could do to get to the gym today but I went only b/c I'd feel guilty if I skipped. Then I did the elliptical instead of running and I *still* feel guilty. I can never win. ;-)

Marcy said...

2 days is more than I did LOL

And thanks for laugh in comments. You nut ;-)

Progman2000 said...

Always feel bad about missing runs - in the greater scheme of things your body probably needed the days off though.

Michelle said...

Hi Dave,
Your funny!!! I like the idea of springs on our sneakers. Make it happen dude!!!

Yes, i hate missing runs. Guess what, i ran today for the first time in a week. Felt damn good. About 3 miles.

WOOHOO!!! Keep it going Dave!!!!

Cyndi said...

You've put in a LOT of miles over the past several weeks, so a recovery week may be just what you needed right now, so don't beat yourself up too much!

Now I really want the Touch. *sigh* But I think I need a better model Garmin more...because as I keep harping, mine seems to be possessed.

I think about running all the time too...I'm obsessed! Missing runs or even having to alter the schedule makes me a little nuts ;-)

Oh She Glows said...

Sorry you have been so busy with work!! That really sucks. Good for you for getting out and running anyways. That is tough.

This made me giggle, "One of these days you are going to see me running down the road w/ an antenna on my head, a watch on each wrist, gadget on each arm and shoes w/ springs" LOL....I'll be right there with you. Then a spaceship will land and I will disappear. lol.

Have a good week...hey Monday is over it can only get better from here right!

Angela
www.ohsheglows.com

Steven Cohen said...

You watch my band podcast? Thanks, man! If ever something had nothing to with running...

Anonymous said...

I am just catching up but YOU HAVE TO DO THE COUNTRY MUSIC HALF IN NASHVILLE....I will be there celebrating my birthday and of course doing the race.

I am like you I have such guilt when I miss a workout, I hate that feeling. I wonder if we'll ever be OK with it or since it's just part of who we are that it will always bother us.

I have missed reading your blog.

Laurel said...

I have an iPhone, but have been restraining buying the apps. There are so many to chose from!

Work has been getting in the way of mine a lot too. Don't beat yourself up too much. You've been doing great, it's OK to let your mileage do down a bit every now and then.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,

Thought you might be interested in this. I am doing an Honest Foods giveaway contest on my website: http://ohsheglows.com/2009/01/14/honest-foods-contest-giveaway/

Goodluck! :)

Angela