I finally signed up for a half marathon, bout time Dave.. Now don't get all giddy now, you crazy runner people - You know who you are.. Oh that's me , isn't it? hehe
I signed up for the 2010(yes 2010) Walt Disney World half marathon. You have to sign up now because the race fills up so quickly. I heard in less than 2 weeks. Yikes! It cost me a cool $128.50. Double Yikes! I plan on taking 20 of my cheering crowd family members along with me. Triple Yikes!! Tell you all about at a later date..
I still have high hopes for running the Nashville Country Music Marathon on April 25th - just got to get my work schedule "worked out." Hang in there Shosh, I'm trying.. ;)
If you've read my blog then you know that I started a 13 week "Healthier You" challenge created by Robert @ runninghoosier.com. This couldn't be a better time for a challenge. Hoping to get weight off before the 1/2 marathon in April. (Yeah, the one I haven't signed up for yet...) After my first week weigh-in this past Monday, I managed a 6lb weight loss. I've been eating good, healthy foods along with logging my meals and keeping the "crap" out of my mouth.
Even though I haven't signed up for WW(weight watchers) like many here have, I've been reading and following their wise council. Big high-five to so many of you!
Along the lines of living healthy, I would like you guys to visit a pal of mine. Angela runs http://ohsheglows.com/ . She currently has an honest foods contest to give away health bars. I'm hungry just thinking about em! (I'm always hungry..) Angela is health, run nut like us. She has quite the speedy feet too. For you gals - she has a beauty section w/ fashion, makeup, and dress-up
Peace

24 Comments:
congrats on signing up for the HM at Disney! Yay! Wow, that's a lot of people going with you, that will make for an awesome cheering section! I like your Nike+ mini me too, and congrats on the 6lb! Awesome job, keep it up!
Looks like you won week 01 of the challenge! Way to go SuperDave!
And I think I'm going to have to do the Disney marathon when my daughter is a bit older.
I dont like croutons.
can I use a cucumber slice?
Miz, whose goal--no joke---is to one day run DISNEY!
Nice job on the weight loss. This is a tough time of year to keep the weight down.
Someday I want to run Disney. From everything I have read about it, sure sounds like fun.
The WDW half should be lots of fun. Is the whole family going to go? Hope the work schedule allows for you to run the Country Music Marathon.
OK I will be patient as I know you're doing what you can to get to Nashville. My mom and I are hoping to get tickets to Dave Matthews for the Sat of the race. If you come down we can celebrate my 37th today BIG SMILE!!!
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR TAKING OFF THOSE 6 POUNDS!!!!!!!!! You're amazing. Keep it up.
How fun is Disney???
Congrats on getting signed up! I looooove WDW - we hope to get out there next winter.
Congrats on signing upfor the WDW Half. What an experience that will be. It is really cool to have a long term goal to keep you motivated, and something so fun to look forward to and train for.
Dude! Great loss! I am hoping to do a half late this year. Of that would require I start running again. Temps are below zero here in KC. Running may not start for a couple of weeks. But I will be a gym rat again very soon.
Wow, way to go!! You're a friggin MACHINE!! :)
Congrats on the 6 lbs, that's great! Keep up the good work.
And will you be taking any of your favorite bloggers to WDW, too?? I mean, what's a few more?? Me, me!!
Can't wait to go to WDW. Have a trip planned for 2009! Too bad the marathon is already full, I would have loved to sign up. LOL
WOOHOO on your signing up for Half Mary!!! That rocks SuperDave!!!
I am very happy that 2009 has started out on a positive note for you. Me too, mostly!!!
Your a great dude!! Always so positive and helpful!!
I appreciate that Dave!!! Ok, no more mushy!!!
Well this was all the happiest part of my day! Hell, the week! Six pounds?! Rock star!
Disney Half? AWESOME....shiz by 2010 you could probably do the full marathon Dave!
Nashville and Shosh? You HAVE to do it!
I'm lovin all the warm fuzziness...you rock D!
(knuckle bump)
Congrats on signing up for the Disney half marathon. That sounds like fun. At least you have tons of time to train.
I will have to check out the blog you linked. Sounds like lots of good info.
Signed up for a half marathon in the happiest place on earth and a 6lb loss! Sounds like a banner week. Congrats!
Blonde bombshell? I think you got my blog mistaken for someone else's....you better check that out.
;)
Congrats on signing up for the Disney HM!!!
Oooh Disney! You are going to have a great time!
Congratulations on the weight loss. That's awesome!
Congrats on your wt loss.
and WDW too!
Hey there.. Just found your blog today!
I'm contemplating doing the Goofy challenge... but I'm still thinking its insane!
Congrats on signing up for Disney! My friend just did it this year.
YAYYYY! How exciting!
You know, you may not go back to TN once you enjoy our weather. =)
Yay Disney!! That's definitely one that I hope to do one day too.
And, now how're you taking 20 people along with you??
Nothing like having a goal to get you motivated to start the training.
Didn't know the Disney race filled up that fast. I've considered trying that one as well. I guess I need better planning...
Post a Comment