I'll start this post by woohooing for my weightloss this week. A cool 4.5 lbs for my weigh-in on Monday. After last weeks 1 lb lost and dissapointment, it was nice to see the bigger loss. Total loss so far is 11.5 lbs.
After watching "The Biggest Loser", It seems that the contestants weightloss flipped flopped from week to week. One bigger then one smaller. So this next week probably won't be as much as this week. Not concerned.. Keep on doing what I'm doing. Even as I sit here blogging, I don't have the normal "munchies craving" that I usually get. I 'm not sure if it is physiological or mental, but I guess a little of both at this point.
I forgot to mention that it was my oldest son's BD this past Sat. He turned 15, OMG I'm so freakin old! We had a party of (15) 14-16 yr old boys. I swear it smelled like a moldy gym locker at my house! Boys with teenager stink! And whatever happened to short hair? The theme this year was Xbox party. They had 5 Xbox's hooked up on 5 Tv's and sucking the internet bandwith from the city so they could all play online against each other. I'm guessing my electric bill will be outrages this month. After they left, I fumagated the entire basement. My son had a blast and he pocketed a cool 500 bucks in cash and gift cards. What!? $500! That's some serious "jack!" Times have changed haven't they? Dang, I'm so old!
One thing that I've noticed over the last few months with my lifestyle change is the abundance of energy that I've had. My 14 hour work days don't kill me like they use to and I find myself not liking sitting down. I used to watch lots of TV, while sitting in my recliner and my weekends were all about relaxing and taking it easy.
Who knows, next week I may just chisel up the driveway and repave it. LOL! I must say, it feels good!
Easy 5K yesterday and an upperbody workout. Tomorrow(oops today-time has flown...) is a 4-6 miles with intervals/speed - maybe tempo- who knows?

24 Comments:
Good job with the weight loss, and nice approach to it! Just keep plugging (just keep swimming, just keep swimming). And it's funny how boys in the same room use the internet to connect their games! Good luck with the stench!
Congrats on the nice weight loss. Sounds like your doing great! Keep at it!
Woohoo on the weight loss!
And happy birthday to your son :)
I'm glad I have a few years before mine & his crew get to funk up my house.
Great job on the weight loss! Happy birthday to your son, times definitely have changed :)
Awesome weight loss this week!!! I am hoping to catch the motivation bug from you..ha haha. Keep up the good work!
Nice weight loss this week :)
Already went through the teenage smelly thing!!
Great job!!
Way to go on the loss. That's a nice number!
Sounds like you have certainly made a lifestyle change! Good for you all around.
This cracks me up....I had to pick Alison up early at school one day early for some reason...there happened to be an afternoon 'dance' going on. (last day before Christmas break, that was it). OMG - the school STUNK so bad. I told Alison I don't know how she stands it. She said it smells that way all the time.
YUK. I don't remember that when we were that age?
Way to go on your weightloss...I'm so happy for you! Keep it up! I wish I could say the same, ha ha.
Good job! You are such a motivator. I ran across your site and really enjoy what you say! THaNKS! Leigh
YAY on the weight loss!! Excellent job my friend!
I must be old too because dang $500 is a lot for a youngin!
Woo Hoo indeed!! Great job homie.
Congragulations on the success this week! There's nothing like seeing success to keep you motivated.
Can I have my next borthday party at your house?! I promise that me and my friends smell a lot better :)
WOOHOO on the loss!
500 bucks!!! That is serious jack. You might want to tell him that you might need the 500 dollars to pay off the electricity bill :-)
Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work.
Dude i have to admit, i am getting very envious of you!!! Your energy and stamina and all around amazing weight loss!!!
I am afraid i am becoming a dreaded couch potato!!! UGH!!!
Can you tell me a little bit about your diet??? I'm having a hard time finding a good balance since i am not able to run right now!!!
GOOD WORK DAVE!!!!
WOW great weight loss, I'm the same small one week, bigger the next.
Your post about your son and his friends had me laughing so hard! Thank you, I needed a good laugh today.
Great weight loss! The increased energy is such a great side-effect of getting healthy.
Happy birthday to your son.
Congrats on the 4-1/2 pound loss, and the incresase in energy!
Great job Dave on the weight loss you have been pulling. I am such a slacker lately thanks for the reminder that WL is crucial.
you are doing a GREAT JOB and are such a good role model as well (HAPPY BELATED son!).
15.
wow.
whats THAT like :) cuz Im struggling with the age THREE
OMG, I'm flabbergasted by your weight loss this week. You 'da man!!!!
Happy birthday to your son! $500!!! WOW! Must be nice to be a high roller!
Post a Comment