Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September Wrapup and Marathoners

Officially the last day in September. I'm glad the cooler weather is here - it makes running more enjoyable to say the least. Running is doing good, but the diet isn't. 1 out of 2 isn't bad haha..
Got a couple runs in this week so far. This afternoon I did some intervals on my 4 miler.
It went like this. : 4.02miles (10:03 avg)
m1 - 10:37 HR 139
m2 - 10:07 HR 149
m3 - 9:55 HR 153
m4 - 9:42 HR 158 My pace quickened with each mile and my HR stayed in a nice range. I think my HR peaked at 177 for the hill on mile 4. Good though.
September has been good to me in terms of "PR" running in this decade. I had highs of 70+ for the month, a 27 mile week and a 13 mile run . Very happy with that since I work a ton..
The more marathoner blogs I read, the more respect I have for the time and dedication it takes to train for these events. My weekly mileage is knocked out in 1 day by marathoners. That is crazy!! Wow!! 26.2 miles!!! Anyone that runs any kind of distance knows how difficult that could be. I can't even fathom that. I love reading the recaps on Sunday or Monday after their "long run days." You'll here things like; exhausted, tired, dehydrated, sore, can't eat, can't crap(LOL), bloody nipples(yes, LOL), can't sit, can't walk, chaffing(everywhere that you can possobly think), and the best ( I FEEL GREAT!) . That what it is all about. I think.. LOL!!
Here are a few that are training right now:
Flo , Andrew , Tim , Joy , Flyers 26 , Tina , Jula , Progman2000 , ncrunner12 , Kai ,Bruce , Reid , M*J*C*
There is a few more that I need to add, but don't have the time right now. Give them a shoutout on their blogs, Boy do they need it!!

4 Comments:

joyRuN said...

You're too sweet! Thanks for the shoutout :)

Progman2000 said...

Thanks for the honorable mention. Prediction: Next year you will be the guy blogging about bloody nipples during your marathon buildup (hint, buy NipGuards).

Michelle said...

Hi Dave,
Your funny! Giddy is a great word!! I feel rather giddy myself!!

Your coming along amazing in your running dude!!

Kai said...

Thanks for the shout-out, dude! You know that someday you'll be finding yourself in the exact same position, right? And we'll be reading all about your leg cramps, bloody nipples, gel-induced GI issues, ice baths, etc., etc. ;D