Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Satan girl

A few of you are new to my blog and don't know my story. Don't hit the back button this could be a little interesting - okay downright boring, but listen anyway. For the rest of you bear with me. In the past I was a good athlete, somewhere along the way of life I become a slug and allowed my parents bad "genes" to have their way with me. I started on my journey of rediscovery in July of 2007. By the end of last year I had lost 100 lbs and began showing remanants of a runner. I rededicated my healthy lifestyle and set some new goals for 2009. As of yesterday, I 've lost an additional 25 lbs to make a grand total of 125 lbs lost! I signed up on a website at the beginning of the yr as a goal to lose 25 lbs by April 25th (Nashville half.)
Goal accomplished!! The equation is simple. Healthy diet + exercise = Joy (no, not that one.)
I had another killer workout with Satan girl today. I don't think it was a good idea to make a deal with the evil one's daughter. She's alot like her father. She lulles you into thinking that everything's okay then slaps you in the face with pain. After the pain is unbearable she says, it's okay take a break. So then you take a break. She shutters, " Did I say you can take a break? Give me 5 nonstop minutes @ 4% and 7.5 mph!" Then she stares around the room with her sheepish evil eyes and grins. "Does that hurt? Are you gonna die?" *I say to myself, I'm dying* "I'm good" I say. She says, "What did you say?I'm good!?" *Oh no* "Everyone. He says he's good. Up your speed to 8.0mph!" *holy mutha* After the killerworkout, she says, "see you next week?" *Ummmmm* The devil is at work here. Beware of his daughter.
1/2 mile warmup, 7 miles @ 9:28 pace avg @ 3 - 15% incline, then 1/2 mile cooldown.
CONTEST
I have 2 items to give away. All you have to do is make a comment on my blog over the next 2 weeks. I will draw 2 names randomly and announce the winners. The contest ends on Monday April 27th(after my race.) If you win, you will have to give me your address so that I can ship it to you. Easy right?

1 black and 1 pink ZEN Stone
These are much like the Ipod Shuffle. They are each 2 GB's of memory. They come with earphones, USB cable, and a mini speaker built in. They are small-about the size of your car's remote lock/panic. 20hrs of battery life - rechargeable.
Here is the direct link if you want more info. Creative Zen Stone
I'm hoping that my drawing will be for one guy and one gal. If 2 guys are drawn?(someone is getting pink..) haha
If you know anyone else that can use a mp3 player then kick them over here.
Peace

31 Comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

WOW! Congrats on your weightloss, that's incredible! Keep at it, you're doing soooo well! LOL again at the workout, sounds like a kick-ass workout!

Sweet giveaway too :)

Dustie said...

125lbs???!!! You are the MAN!!! Seriously - that is amazing. I need to make a new goal like that --- as my weight loss has halted and reversed and it's making me crazy. My 60lbs loss is now 50 lbs....again.....eek. So wanna make a bet?? lol

Marcy said...

LMAO When you typed "=Joy" I automatically thought of her as well :P

Dude this is a pretty dayum sweet giveaway! I'll have to link ya ;-)

WWSuzi said...

Wow that's some major weight loss :) And the give away?? Awesome!

joyRuN said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

I near wept at the thought of 5 minutes 8.0mph at 4% incline.

I almost died today at 7.8mph at 1% incline!

Kelly said...

I am so proud of you SuperDave!!!!! Gosh I hope that that doesn't sound patronizing because I totally mean it in the coolest way possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MizFit said...

dang. I think I knew but didnt.
1
2
5
TOTAL?

amazing.

would you ever consider doing a guest post for me about your journey?

FLYERS26 said...

Great job on the weight loss!
I give you a lot of credit, I could not run on a treaddmill.

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your story! Sounds like a great workout. Very cool give away!!!

Denise said...

I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, you look amazing and your weight loss is incredible. I can't believe you lost another 25 pounds. You are doing so well!!! Keep up the good work, and keep doing what you're doing...it's working!!! I'm so glad we all get to see your progress along the way. I'm so proud of you!

And wow, some giveaway! I'm in!!

Slackey said...

I need a Satan Girl!!

Congrats on the huge loss, and for running @ 8 on an incline- quite frankly, I think I might die if I did that. :)

Keep up the good work, Dave!!!!

Lily on the Road said...

Good for you SuperDave! That is such a great commitment to your health! Amazing!

Good Luck on your race on the 27th, you are ready!!

Lauren said...

You hit your goal with 2 weeks to spare! Congrats!

Lauren P said...

Stumbled upon you from Marcy's "I Signed Up For This". Congrats on all that weight loss!

If you end up drawing 2 guy names, you can throw one back and send me the pink one. Wink Wink, I kid... :) Great giveaway!!

M2Marathon said...

That is an amazing accomplishment; and the devil['s daughter] is always in the details. Way to stick with it!

X-Country2 said...

You are a weight loss and healthy super star!

Oh, and I want that pink Zen thing. Hook me up!

MyRunningJourney said...

125 lbs is amazing!!! And you did it on your own!! Congrats!!

Cyndi said...

ANOTHER 25 pounds??? Dave , you're my hero! :-) I'm so excited for you! 125 pounds...WOW. That is truly something to be proud of.

The she-devil class....is that like a class full of treadmills at the gym? If so...I NEED that at my rec! We have a spinning classroom, but a treadmill class would be suh-WEET!

Your giveaway rocks - I could sure use me my own Zen since hubby and daugher are tired of me taking theirs all the time lol. At least I have my own earphones though so that's somethin' right?

And finally - props from the one and only Miz as a guest poster???? DUDE, you have ARRIVED.

;-) Keep on, RockStar!

Steven Cohen said...

Wow, man, you are knocking out the weight! Nice work. And nice workout!

The Boring Runner said...

Three things:

1. I totally forgot to reply to your post about my HR.... I'm honestly not sure what my max HR is, but I assume that it is somewhere around 210. The old formula of 220-age doesn't work for me because I am 27 and I sure HOPE that my max HR isn't 193 because I train at something like 95% of that :) The last marathon I ran (two weeks ago), I averaged 180....

2. 125 lbs!? Whoa! I must be new enough to your blog to not have caught that. That is AWESOME.

3. The give away... Gimme gimme gimme! :) What is the occasion for the giveaway?

Tina Mickelson said...

OH my goodness... she is EVIL. You are the man though. 125lbs? You are AWSOME! I need a trainer like that... I don't want one, but I need one. LOL. Those little music gaggets are cool. maybe I'll win one. I never win anything. =).

Thank you for all the support with the breast cancer walks. Its something even more near and dear to my heart since I was by my uncles bedside this week when his doc told him he was took weak to be transfered to UCSF for special chemo. Hopefully a cure for BC will be the key to the cure for more cancers. You have a hard job telling people about those things. I don't envy you for that but thankful that there are caring doctors like you out there.

debby said...

congrats on the 25 additional pounds lost. That is incredible.

Andrew is getting fit said...

Dave, you sir, are a legend!

Michelle said...

Wow Dave, I am so impressed. You are a rock star with Satins girl. Plus, your running is freaking awesome! Super impressed.

Your give-away is awesome too.

I have 2 ipods so it is ok if you take me out of the running to let somebody else have a chance. I am cool with that!!!

You rock!!!

Unknown said...

Wait a second... did you say you lost 125 lbs or 12.5 lbs? Holy smokes... 125 lbs. You rock, dude. Imagine pulling a wagon with 125 lbs of fat on it. I would not even pull it. The bloody truth, I don't think I cannot even run if I have an extra 125 lbs on me. Congrats and keep it up.

Oh She Glows said...

You kick ass. 100 lbs and then aother 25?? Good God Dave, that is amazing!!

You are going to ROCK this race! I can't wait to read a minute by minute rehash. You will do a minute by minute rehash right? ;)

Thanks for your comments- I need all the post injury confidence I can get!

Mistyfied said...

Awesome weight loss! That is incredible..

Leslie said...

great giveaway! I would love to win the PINK ONE!!

Great weight loss! Way to inspire people.

-Leslie
http://lovejackson.blogspot.com

Donna C said...

Thats awesome!!

Ron said...

You are a success story, that's for sure...Congrats

Lori said...

That is an amazing weight loss. You are an inspiration!