I've been enjoying the beautiful 70 deg weather the past few days. I've been off work since Saturday and have been catching up on yard work, my never-ending house projects and hanging with the fam. It's been great! In fact, I'm sure that I am working harder at home that at my job. You guys know how that is.
My training is going well for my half in April and I did finally sign up for that half marathon on March 29th. Thanks for all of your input on "running both races." I'm going to stick with using the race in March as a training race. Don't care about the time, just looking to log miles and get a shiny new medal. LOL!
Last weeks runs: 3 runs- 21.02 miles
- 5.0 miles in 47:23 - (9:28 pace.) Speed/Pace run. One of my faster 5 milers.
- 3.14 miles in 31:56 - (10:10 pace) Easy Run
- 12.88 miles in 02:16:43 - (10:36 pace) Long Run. Stopped x 2 for water and bathroom. 58deg at start, 70 deg at end. Tough Run - hit the wall @ mile 10.5 - not used to the hotter temps yet.
Today was a neat day. Golly-gee Dave, was it swell? I feel so much younger, stronger, healthier than I can remember. It's the simple things that make me fill this way. My day started with a long walk with the dog then to 3 hours of landscape/yardwork then progressed to 5 hours of bathroom remodeling then another long walk then to multiple basketball games with my son then back to the bathroom remodeling. Just a full day of activity and I feel great! That is my day, nearly everyday and to have the energy to do. The last time I remember feeling this good was back in my early 20's. Too be young again....
The fountain of youth isn't a mystery.
;)
22 Comments:
Glad you've finally got some nice weather. Congrats on those miles last week!!
I HEAR YOU!
I will be 40 in a few months and DO feel the same as when I was 20.
All my friends lament the aches and pains and Im really not there yet.
now many of the same friends LOOK WAAAAY YOUNGER THAN I (face. I lifeguarded too many summers :)) but Ill take the internal.
Miz
Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Those are the reasons for fitness.
Man you have a busy schedule!
Great job on getting the runs in.
I can't wait for the temps to get around 70, and stay there. It's been a roller coaster of a month so far here in NJ.
Dang you was busy today! Great job on your runs.
It's taking my body a little while to get used to running in warmer temps too. I think our NJ temp changes need to be a little more gradual.
Feeling young is a great thing :)
Yea for feeling young!! I said to my husband the other day regarding all the house renovations, "good thing we're in shape, this is such hard work." Just another reason being healthy is good for us!
it's amazing what being active can do for you! And yes, we will have a race the same day! :D
I have to agree with Flyers26 and joyRuN's comment. The weather here in NJ has not been stabilized yet. Been a roller coaster. Can't wait for warmer temperature again. Sounds like you are having spectacular weather down in TN. I am glad you are sticking with two half marys. One for training and one for racing. That's perfect !
YES to be young AGAIN!!!!
I feel it!!! DO YOU??
Good luck Dave on your two halfs!!! You will do just fine on both!!
I am psyched for you!!!
I walked 3 miles today!!! Felt good but it was very hard not to run!!! :O)
Ahh, nothing beats that feeling! It's why I took up running again :)
All those days that running and working out suck pay off on days like this. Plus, your fam will remember days like this too. :o)
I'm 27 and reading your list made me tired! You really knocked out a lot of the honeydo list.
It's a great feeling isn't it? Being productive and active and enjoying the 'little things' in life sure beats schleppin on the couch doing nothing and wishing for something better!
...and I thought I did a lot in a day! You're an ANIMAL Dave! I totally get what you mean about feeling younger..me too! Congrats on deciding to do both half's...you will do great.
I couldnt agree more with the fountain of youth- it really IS staying active...not just the body but the mind too!!!
"My day started with a long walk with the dog then to 3 hours of landscape/yardwork then progressed to 5 hours of bathroom remodeling then another long walk then to multiple basketball games with my son then back to the bathroom remodeling. Just a full day of activity and I feel great!"
Umm a DAY's work? For many people that is a whole week! lol. Good for you!
What? You aren't in your early 20's? ;-)
I feel better now that I ever did in my 20's. It's all from running. Glad you're feeling it too.
Nice pace on the runs this week! You're gettin' pretty speedy there, mister.
You are doing great. Your running mileage is awesome.
Hey Dave, check out my latest blog post!! I left something for you!
<3 jen
Amen brother!
Sounds great! Good Luck with your Half on the 29th!
Post a Comment