Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008 Year in Review late as usual

For any of you that have been reading my blog, I think you know that I have checked a few things off on my life list so I won't bore you with my long thoughts. But I will bore you with stats - haha
The weight thing - 100 lbs lost and maintaining.
Running: I put a few statistics together from buckeyeoutdoors.com on my running for last year.
Runs: 164
Avg. HR: 153 (80% of Max) oops wasn't I supposed to be 65-75%
Avg. Time: 46 mins per run
Total Time: 5days 6 hrs dang it felt like three months :)
Avg. Speed: 5.7 MPH
Avg. Mi Pace: 10:34 I'm a speedster alright..NOT!!
Avg. Dist.: 4.3 Mi
Total Dist.: 706.2 Mi Schwingggggg...
Longest Run: 13.1 miles Not a race though
Biggest Month: December - 107 miles!
Total Cal. Burned: 139468 or 40 lbs!!
Races - 5K: (4) 1st- 30:15, 2nd - 29:20, 3rd- 27:52
5miler 47:45
10K: (2) 1st - 1:03:20, 2nd - 59:42
10miler (9.8miles) 1:39:21
Okay are you asleep yet? I nodded off a couple times typing this stuff in..
Of course this is only my running stuff and weightloss.
Running - In January I couldn't run 1/4 mile, but I can run a half marathon today. I had an injury due to my noob running(Feb/March) that put me out of commision for 6 weeks, but yet I managed over 700 miles for the year. I finished a strong December with 106 miles and running 26 out of 31 days. In relative terms I've got faster.
What I take from all of this is my change in my lifestyle. I went from a slug to an active lifestyle, a procrastinator to a doer, and somewhere along the line I turned into a runner. I can focus on the negative things that happened to me this past year, but I choose not to. I'm 38 years old, but I feel 28! I can kick my former 28 year old butt!!
Next post will be on my plans for 2009.
Thanks for encouraging me to do better when I didn't want to.


26 Comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

you're such a great inspiration! Congrats on an amazing 2008, and here's to an even better 2009! :)

Anonymous said...

Dave, just wanted to let you know that you are in.. I look forward to working with you in the challenge.

Robert

joyRuN said...

Awww, Dave - not boring at all.

You've had an AMAZING 2008, & will continue on to a spectacular 2009!

Kelly said...

You had a great year Dave!!!! You have inspired me to keep track of my runs better so that I can see how far I have come this time next year. Here is to a fabulous 2009!!!! I enjoy reading your blog...you crack me up!

FLYERS26 said...

Awesome job in 2008!
Keep it up in '09!

Andrew is getting fit said...

Fantastic results. Here's to an even better 2009!

Marci said...

You have had an amazing year and so much to proud of. Can't wait for your 2009 plan post! Happy New Year Dave!

Anonymous said...

Dave, that is so amazing! Congrats and keep going - you inspire me! =)

Anonymous said...

love the late as, not only is it you :), we were so inundated with these posts initially (INCLUDING MINE!) that it was hard to keep up...not so much now.

and definitely not boring.

this year is my year to do a 5K.

maybe.

I think.

Steven Cohen said...

Congratulations, buddy! I noticed 2 things in particular: 100 pounds of weight loss? That's amazing! And you totally kicked my ass for a 10 mile race! Who's not fast?

Lily on the Road said...

WOW, What a year you had! I'm looking forward to reading about what you are up to in 2009!!

Keep up the great work Dave, it is all good when your working out!

Denise said...

Dave! You had an amazing year and should be so proud of yourself. I can't wait to see how you do in 2009.

Progman2000 said...

Congrats on 2008 - 100lbs, freaking wow!

BeachRunner said...

Zzzzz....

Just kidding. What an awesome, AWESOME year, homeboy. Congrats on all you have accomplished, and I wish you all the best for 2009.

Your weight loss is truly incredible and inspirational, but what is even MORE impressive is that you are maintaining the weight and becoming fitter. You have changed your life and made it part of your life. That is awesome. Keep on rocking!!

billdowis said...

You had a fantastic year. 100 lbs is incredible and being active is the key to keeping it that way.

We are a bit alike. I was a slug and really lazy until I started running. Now I am more motivated and feel great!

Here is to a great 2009!

Lesley Looper said...

Congrats on your amazing 2008! I've enjoyed getting to know you a bit through your blog in recent months, and am impressed by your progress. Nice way to end the year with your December mileage, too!

Michelle said...

Dave great 2008 you had!!

Dude, we are so similar in our running times its scary!!! Like almost exact!!!

I am looking forward to hearing your running plans for 2009!!! Your going to rock out some races dude!!!

Keep it real in 09!!

Pat said...

All great numbers. 100 lbs is awesome. Keep up the running. It's a fun hobby.

Marcy said...

You had a fantastic year my friend!! Fantastic!

Unknown said...

I swear. I swear. I am not lying. I didn't fall asleep when I looked at your stats. My eyes was bigger than E.T.. AMAZING DUDE !!! That is freaking awesome !!! 100 lbs loss! Wooo.. Imagine putting all that 100 lbs of fats on the wheelbarrow. I cannot even lift the wheelbarrow with that weight! You ROCK !!!

Here to a better 2009 ! Keep it going !!!

spirit_in_me said...

Very inspiring Dave thanks for sharing your story!!!

Cyndi said...

Very cool to see the numbers in this way! What a fabulous year, and - you know it's only the beginning of even greater things, am I right?

Say it with me, 'Yes Cyndi, you are right!'

:-) You rock!

Anonymous said...

You has a wonderful year! In 2009 you are only going to continue to grow as a runner and person. Great job. You should be very proud of all your accomplishments.

Viv said...

What an impressive year, Dave!

Laurel said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you! What a wonderful year you've had!

Anonymous said...

Inspirational progress. Keep it up!