Phew, I haven't posted in a week. I work in the medical field and from November to March there is no rest for the weary. When does everyone get sick ? Now! When do you see your Dr? Usually now. So, it's survival time for me. 15 hour days are not fun.. Blah!! I'm lucky to see the bathroom once a day, and food ... sadly you just grab it when you can - not to good for watching your weight. Blah,blah,blah Dave.. get over it!
:)
My running streak ended yesterday. I was on my feet all day yesterday - actually all week and didn't have the energy to run/talk/walk so instead of needlessly pushing myself, I didn't. It was fun while it lasted. I ran 11 days straight which was over double my longest streak(5), so I am proud! My legs are strong, I am in good shape, and I never felt tired throughout the 11 days. The last 2 months have been a breakthrough in my running. I've built my self up to running over 10 miles and I feel proficient at running at any distances in between. I laugh now when I read this post!!!!! It gives me good hope for next year and my running. I know many have already set plans for races next year. When I get a free moment I will do the same. I am actually excited about it, especially since I have my new 2009 Runners World Calendar.
3 years ago

28 Comments:
Wonderful Dave!!! I am very proud of your accomplishment with your 11 day streak!! You definitely did the right thing by ending it!!! You listened to your body!!! Good going!!!
I ran a slow 3 yesterday and an even slower 4 today!!! I don't care about time right now...i just want to run a bit and not feel pain!!!
Good luck on your long run.....let me know how it goes ok dude!!!
Have a great weekend!!!!
great job on the runs, and fitting in what you can! good luck getting through the rest of the season too! :)
You've come such a long way...good job! Good thing you took a day off, sounds like you needed it.
11 days is awesome, dude! Fitting it in this time of year is hard for anyone but in the medical field must be brutal!! Tomorrow is another day and another chance to start a new streak!!
Well, that's cool! I wouldn't have thought of a running streak. Streaking while running, maybe! Keep knocking out the 102!
11 days! Wow, I was impressed when I did 2 days in a row LOL!
You are doing awesome!
Hey... great job on the streak.. Don't feel bad about ending it, because it is always important to listen to your body.
I can not wait to get my RunnersWorld calender.. I am going to hang it right over my desk to keep me motivated and inspired.
I read that post of yours from a year ago and your first 5k practice... isn't it great to be able to actually "see" your progress! That is why I started blogging!
Keep Running!
You've come a loooong way, baby! Nothing like pneumonia season to derail the streak. But still, good job on the streak :)
You have come so far!!!
I giggled when I read this in your old post, "I ran my first practise 5K , it was about 55degrees. Seemed hot!
I think I died at least twice during the run"
haha...you almost died twice did you?!
Good for you for achieving so much in such a short amount of time!
Angela
www.ohsheglows.com
Sorry the streak ended but way to go. Get some rest.
Woohoo Super Dave! Great job on the streak, although I still think you should have made one of your runs a "real" streak! And dude-I am still and will continue to be the Queen of Slow. It's my lot in life and I claim it with pride!
You really have come a long way. Keep it up and 2009 will be a great running year.
I'm new to your blog but just wanted to say hi and congrats on the progress. I clicked on the link for the old post and think it's amazing how far you have come in a year. I've just started trying to run and after never being able to run more than a minute in my life I've only been able to work up to running about 3 minutes at a time, then running shorter intervals for the rest of the time (about 90 seconds). Not much . . . but I guess it's progress. Anyway, I enjoy your blog and I'm sure I'll be back :-).
Nice job on the streak. And a day off is a good thing.
I'm rooting for your 102 miles this month! I'm still shooting for 100, so it'll be a big December for both of us. Hang in there with work!
Great job on the streak. 11 days is a lot. I don't think I ever ran that many days in a row. You have come a long way.
Can't wait to read about your plans for 2009.
Fun pic ! Way to go with the running streak..
I have family & friends in the medical field and it is crazy busy at the end of the year with holiday time added to it.
It's great when you look back at where you started and realise you've actually come a long way.
GREAT job on the 11 days! I don't think I could ever do that. LOL!
Enjoy some rest.
Okay. I've gotta say I like these funny little pictures of yourself you've been adding. Puts me in mind of my brother. You must have similar senses of humour!
Congrats on your 11 day running streak!
I have that calendar too! Who knew that there were SO many races to choose from.
Congrats on the 11 days in a row and NOT feeling tired. You are a strong running man. It's good that you took the day off as you do need to rest....hello doctor I am telling you this ;-)
I cannot wait to hear about your long run, I bet from all your training last week it will be your best yet!
Thanks for your kind words on my blog. You're always there to make me smile and pick me up when I need it. Just for you I brought my camera to work today so that I can get a pic of the tree and ice skating rink just for you. I'll post it and email it to you if you'd like.
Have a great day my wonderful sweet friend.
11 day streak? that is awesome, especially given your time constraints! I think you definitely deserved a day of "rest".
Hat off to you for completing the 11 days streak. That is freaking awesome. Now, I have a question. Why do you have that silly goggle on? Are you giving us a hint that you are heading to the Caribbean for Christmas break while snorkeling??? Hint hint please ! or just goofing off ???
Holy! I guess I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous. Good job 11 straight days, I'm lucky if I can get myself to work out 3 days in a row. I guess I better get my butt in gear if I want to run. Thanks for the tips on the half marathon, I think that's a way better option than demoralizing myself by ending up last in some race.
Hey Dave! I'm going to try and get outside this weekend to jog around either the high school's track or the path around a lake nearby. Wish me luck that I don't break a leg!
Hey cutie...I posted some pics just for you on my blog. :-) ENJOY!!!
Very cool, the 11 day streak!!
Sometimes that day off can also lead to a breakthrough in training, and it's sounds like your break was well deserved.
I'm looking forward to reading about your '09 running plans.
Hope those 15 hour days don't last too much longer :)
Great blog!
Nice job getting in all the running despite your crazy schedule.
Post a Comment