Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gotta love the momma

The stars have aligned for me this week and my running. I achieved a daily 5K and 7 days in a row. A little tired from work on my 4th day and didn't want to run, but I battled through. I haven't had any soreness or pain or even leg fatigue, so I will keep the streak going for now. I have rethunk(like that word, huh?) this plan through and even the slightest hint of pain and I am ending the streak. Overzealous I am! Sadly I am not the planner that Cyndi is. I'm a "flash fire" waiting to happen and it usually gets me into trouble. haha One thing I didn't do this week was plan a long run. Gotta get one in next week...

I had the best day with my mother yesterday. It was her 59th Birthday and she celebrated at my house. We usually take her out to celebrate, but she wanted to stay home. I begged her to come to my house and I promised to cook dinner for her. She agreed. I planned and prepared an extravagent 5 course meal for her. The meal went great and then we watched 2 movies - "Fred Clause" and "Wall-E." (Of course the kids picked the movies, but they were good.) I couldn't have been blessed with a more wonderful caring mother. There are quite a few of you mom's on here - You mothers rock!!
Here she is:

Oh yeah, one more thing. We got snow yesterday!!!!! Loved it!!!
Note to self: Tell Ty to drop the snowball, get a jacket on, no sandals, and for gosh-sake get a haircut!!
Tell Dave(not me) its not okay to be bearfooted when out in snow, and stop "mooning" the neighbors. Your CRACK is showing!

23 Comments:

Laurel said...

We got snow yesterday too!

Great job on the streak! Happy birthday to your mom!

Dustie said...

Awesome job on the running! And what's better than an rockin' mom? A son that acknowledges her rockin-ness! Very nice!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Awwww, too sweet about your mom. Got snow too :(

Marci said...

That is so sweet that you made a special dinner for your mom, much nicer than going out for dinner. Great job with your running and thanks for the throat advice, Dr. Dave! The ibuprofen seems to help.

X-Country2 said...

Way to stick with the running. Stay healthy. :o)

Happy birthday to yo mama!

joyRuN said...

Happy & healthy streakin' Dave.

LMAO on Ty - isn't that such a boy thing to be completely underdressed yet comfy in the cold :)

Happy Birthday to your rockin' momma!

Laurel said...

LOL! Hahah, that is totally NOT me. But nice of you to think so :)

Kelly said...

Congrats on the streak! I hope it keeps up for you. You are one of the nicest guys to make dinner for your momma. I hope my son will do the same thing someday.

Denise said...

Great job with the running streak!! Keep it up!

BeachRunner said...

We got snow Sat night, and some super cold winds on Sunday. HB to mom.

Unknown said...

Likewise, we got snow last Saturday night and my two girls went ballistic !!! Keep it up with the streak, dude.

Happy Birthday to your Mom !!! Care to tell us what you cooked ?? Five course meal ??

Pat said...

No snow here. But, it did sprinkle on my run yesterday.

I've said the same things to my son too. Who, by the way is named Ty too.

Cyndi said...

How sweet of you to cook for your mom. Because she's your mom, she gets to be in the RockStar club too!

I was cracking up at your son in shorts and flipflops....is he 12 or 13 or so? Because that is SO what my 13 year old daughter does....

Anonymous said...

HOW SWEET IS THAT ABOUT YER MAMA.

your YOUNG mama I might add :)

billdowis said...

whoa... 7 days in a row of running 3 miles? Be careful you don't hurt yourself... sometimes injury comes before pain so be careful.

Remember that running is not about streaks. Build mileage slowly and take a couple rest days every week.

I like your blog and started following it today. Check mine out!

Cyndi said...

Hey Dave...Shosh is good! I gave her some shiz about being MIA ;-)

She's just busy but I told her she owes us a big ole post!

Marcy said...

Awwwhhh you're such a sweetie to Momma. I'd probably kick mine outta my house (I'm KIDDING!)

Anonymous said...

I am sure your mom really appreciated all you did for her on her birthday. Very sweet.

Michelle said...

Great Dave!!! Your doing phenomenal on the streak!!! Unfortunately, mine has ended. Read my blog for details!!! It was a pleasure streaking with you for the last 8 days!!!

GO DAVE GO!!!!

YOU ROCK!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi cutie. Love your pics. You mama should be proud of you! Cooking her a 5 course meal and all. :-)

Glad that you've gotten into such a great running groove, they feel good don't they? When running feels easy it makes you want to keep doing it.

Your kids are so cute. The commentary at the bottom made me LOL.

Thanks for asking about me. You can always email me:
shoshskier@gmail.com

Donnalouise said...

Didn't you just love the movie Wall-E!? Quite an eye opener...

Tanya said...

Yup, second that-luv the mommas! I definitely love mine, even though she tells people I run marathons all the time-she thinks every race, regardless of the distance, is called a marathon!

OhSheGlows said...

Hey there,

Just came across your blog and I just wanted to tell you that I enjoy your posts! Very inspiring. Good for your for turning your life around. I am running my first half marathon in May and I can't wait.

Angela
www.ohsheglows.com