Why Do I Blog?
Interesting question. I'll start by saying that I stunk @ my creative writing courses back in high school and college. "My Ramblings" start with poor punctuation, unfinished thoughts, run - on sentences, poor vocabulary, and many phrases ending with .......(yeah, I like ......). I've never been a writer, I rarely have the time to pick up a book, but yet I type away at this keyboard and read feverishly at the many blogger sites out there. What gives?
I started this blog to record my weightloss, active lifestyle, and to journalize those moments to look back on. Somewhere along the way, Joe the plumber read an entry (How'd they get here?) and commented back. Whoa?! The addiction started.
I love the fact that I jot a few lines down and get a quick reaction back. I love when someone else sums up what I have to say better than I ever could said it. I love the fact that I get a pat on the back, a pick - me - up, and a good slap in the face when I need it. From YOU - yes YOU! My homies, my blogomites, my bloggie peeps, my digital folks, my friends.. :)
So if you are here for running - I understand why you shoot snotrockets( gross)
So if you are here for weightloss - Boy Do I Know!
So if you are here for healthier lifestyle - so am I...
So if you are to vent - Vent away!
So If you are here to say Hi! Hello..
If you are here for encouragement, I am your friend...
Stay cool!
3 years ago
20 Comments:
Blog on! Nice post homie.
Word to your uncle...
Same to ya, friend! And "cool" is all we have left in this corner of the country! ;D
Amen! I hear you!
So true, so true!!!
Blogging Rocks! :-)
Remember when Pen Pals used to be all the thing back in elementary school? We would write letters overseas to some country we never heard of, and wait WEEKS for someone to write back, if ever.
Imagine what we will be doing 20 years from NOW. Hmmmm....
Cool post, blogger friend-I'm here for all of the above! Well, except for the snotrockets, which I have yet to perfect.
I love your post today!! I blog for many of the same reasons you do. It's nice to know that there are other people supporting all of our efforts.
PS: At my last job my idiot boss wanted to change the way I wrote...so glad I did not listen to him. ;-)
Great post! Blogging is such a great way to stay connected. I learn so much from my fellow bloggers.
Hey friend, i love this post!! You said exactly what i think all the time!! Hmmm, you can read minds huh??
Keep on blogging you have great things to say!!!
SO TRUE. and, unlike my blog about my family (snooze) I look forward to writing Miz and READING OTHER PEOPLES'.
that's what keeps me motivated.
(read: you cant quit. ever.)
Hehehe I'm happy to be one of your blogomites and I hope you enjoy being one of my navigators!
You can say that again !!!
Blogging ROCKS! (I just realized someone already said that....but I'm saying it anyway!) I feel like i have this entirely separate family....the blogging family! I love my blogging family! :)~
Yes on all of the above...except maybe the snotrockets. Maybe once I find that zone I will be more into them? But, really, all of the support and info and sharing of successes and struggles makes getting healthier so much more fun. Glad I'm one of your peeps, Popeye.
I;m here for all those things! LOL!
Great post.
Great post!
I don't know how we lived before blogs! Love the inspiration, laughs and sense of community.
I don't know how I'd stay motivated to keep running, doing yoga, or whatever without it...
oh, didn't realize how repetitive i was sounding there - would make sense to edit I suppose ... :)
Your post pretty much sums it up for me too ! Great blog
WHERE ARE YOU??????
Post a Comment