Sunday, November 9, 2008

Need a shot

Haven't been able to post in a while. This time of the year is "sick time" and requires many long hours, so the first thing that goes is the blogomatic. Hope everyone is doing well and if I get the chance I will try to visit others. Time,time,time..If only there was more of it.. :)

Speaking of sicknessess or at least prevention. Have you got your flushot for the year? It's that time! If you have never had the flu before, I pray you never see it, Nasty bugger! Wash those hands too - #1 prevention.

I finally got a day off and decided to rest. I did manage to find time for a run though - 5 miles in 48:45 ( 9:45 pace.) The temperatures are definitely cooler which is very nice for running, but cool + wind = suckola! haha. It's gonna take all my will to get me out the door this cooler season. I mentioned in a earlier post than I am running a 15K Sat. Nov 22nd. I'm not going to get much chance to log miles before the race, so I decided to just run at a leisurely pace instead of race it. I think it'll be more fun that way, but we'll see.

Thanks for all the well-wishers out there. Stomach is back to normal. Yes, I tend to push myself way too hard - stubborness , but then again I am a man and stubborness goes with the territory.. (I see all you gals shaking your head up and down. ) :)

Have a great week everyone!!

9 Comments:

Michelle said...

Heya, glad your feeling better!!

It just occurred to me that we run pretty much the same pace! Thats cool!!

Have a great week!!!

Marcy said...

Glad you're feeling on the ups.

Yeah I totally need to get my flu shot. I keep forgetting.

FLYERS26 said...

I've been having the head cold & sore throat feelings lately.
Must be the change of seasons!

I never get the flu shot. I hate needles! HATE THEM!! It kinda ruined my plans of a heroin addiction.

Good luck with the upcoming race,you'll do awesome! My 1st marathon is the next day!

Kristy said...

Yes on the not enough time thing

Yes on the flu shot, as in I got mine because I do not want to be laying in bed feeling like shit - ever

Yes on your run today. Glad you found time for it and that your pace was under 10. Run Dave, Run!

Steven Cohen said...

Good run, buddy.

So, flu shots: I've been getting one each year for 15-or-so years, since I've been working. But what do you tihnk, doc, of the idea that people should get the flu and build up some natural immunity to things? Are we maybe a weaker animal for using drugs to fix everything? I used to always get the flu when I was younger, and think I now have a pretty good immune system. Thoughts from the doc?

BeachRunner said...

Glad you are feeling better. Thanks for the flu shot reminder. Have a great week.

Cyndi said...

Glad you are feeling better now Dave! I have not gotten my shot yet, I missed the one at work, but thanks for the reminder. I never used to get the shot, until 2 years ago when I actually got the flu. It was horrible!

Unknown said...

I already had my flu shot. I didn't have to go to the doctor's office at all. My mother in law is a nurse so she came to my house and gave me a nice flu shot. I had to insure that she wasn't giving me any lethal injection. LOLLL !!!

Glad you are feeling better.. Whenever the season is changing, it does come and go with illness.

Anonymous said...

Good you're feeling better :)

Need to mark flu shots on my calendar too!