Monday, November 17, 2008

Great Morning

Alarm goes off @ 4am - ho hum. Another glorious Monday of work, how exciting...Not!
As I'm walking out the door, my phone rings, I pick up and the secretary tells me that I get the day off from work- scheduling error. I argue with here that I'm losing money and I WILL be in today. NOT!!
So I getting my running gear on and plan to run in the frigid air of 32 deg- Not!
I'm going back to bed - oh yeah.  After 10 mins of looking at the ceiling and pondering how nice it would be to go sleep, it wasn't happening. Now, I get the running gear on and head to the gym. Much more pleasant running in the gym in the morning. Less people, cooler air, and no prima-donnas. I did some intervals on the TM for an hour and then decided for the first time to swim some laps in the pool.
I came to the conclusion while swimming that my arms, shoulders, stomach and back were rather wimpy. Man that swimming is quite a workout! It could've been that I just ran for an hour, but either way I need to do some upper body workouts. Ever since I took up running again, I have had the urge to start the TRI training. Running, Biking, and Swimming with eventual plans to enter a triatholon event.
I figure if I start training now by running, swimming, biking, upperbody workouts, full work schedule, and family that I may be ready to enter an event sometime in the year 2040!
Run: 5.75 miles in 60 minutes(10:25pace); 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile intervals @ 8:35 pace with 1.75 miles of warmup and cooldown respectively.
Swim: (15) - 50 meter laps
Just to think that I did all of that before 6:30 am. Tomorrow I will get up @ 4am and do the same. NOT!!!
Enjoy your manic Monday!

13 Comments:

Kelly said...

Dave you are superfunny today!! I almost spit coffee out my nose...have you done a tri before...cuz you see...I am contemplating it also...very nervous though, but thought that it would be better to keep to shorter distances running at least for now. And yeah swimming kicks butt!!!!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO! "No prima donnas" Definitely perks at the gym going in super early ;-)

Lori said...

Great start to the week!

I am going to do a tri next year as well. Sprint distance, but a tri nonetheless.

Now you can go take a nap!

Anonymous said...

You're hilarious. Thanks for the Monday morning giggle, I needed that.

YES DO A TRI...after you do the Country Music Half Marathon with me in April ;-)

Keep it up my friend.

Thank you for your kind words on my dating let down. (((DAVE))))

Donnalouise said...

I'm tired from just reading your post and all the exercise you got in this morning!!! Now I feel guilty that I slept in...

Cyndi said...

What a great day - an unexpected day off, a great workout...NOW what will you do the rest of the day?!

Not much in to swimming myself...can't get the breathing thing down without water going up my nose or in my ears etc....I think I almost failed the 'Guppy' level way back when....

joyRuN said...

O.M.G. All that before 6:30a? That's waaay too early for us primadonnas!

I think you can get ready for a tri in the next 12 months, even less!

BeachRunner said...

Nice!! What a great day, err I mean morning. But I think you peaked early.

Kristy said...

lol..way to start the day, Dave! I've been getting up super early lately and it amazes me how much can be done before 7 am. But then it's kind of like, "Um, what do I do now?" Hope you had some fun. After you ate your salad of course ; )

Unknown said...

You cracked me up! 4 am ??? Man, this is hilarious. Thanks for the perk up by reading your post.

Laurel said...

I somehow always manage to find the "prima-donnas" at any gum I go to. They follow me. LOL!

Great job on the workouts!

Anonymous said...

I love that yer my kindred UP AT THE CRACK spirit.

even if you are far funnier...

Tanya said...

Don't you just love knowing you've done a run and a workout before most people have started their morning cuppa joe? Great post. I don't care much for prima donnas, I have a fantasy of smokin them in a race-any race.