Another weekend gone, but it's been a good one. Falltime is a great time of the year. Today was sunny, 70-75 degrees - can't get much better than that. :)
I sort of "vegged" around the house until the evening time when I decided to do an easy 2.5 miles. When I started off, my HR got to 140 pretty fast and by the time I hit the 1/2 mile mark I felt like doo-doo. This was going to be a tough run, which is probably lingering effects of yesterday's "hard run." By the time I hit the 2 mile mark, my body seemed to shift into auto-pilot. When I passed my truck at the 2.5 mile mark, I felt so good that I just kept going. 8 miles of running later, I decide to quit. What a satisfying run! If it wasn't for me running out of light, I would've kept going.
Run: Easy, 8.0 miles in 1 hour 27 min 55sec (10:59 avg). HR avg 146(77%)
So what would've happened if I let my laziness get the best of me? I would've missed one of my most enjoyable runs to date go to waste..
I sort of "vegged" around the house until the evening time when I decided to do an easy 2.5 miles. When I started off, my HR got to 140 pretty fast and by the time I hit the 1/2 mile mark I felt like doo-doo. This was going to be a tough run, which is probably lingering effects of yesterday's "hard run." By the time I hit the 2 mile mark, my body seemed to shift into auto-pilot. When I passed my truck at the 2.5 mile mark, I felt so good that I just kept going. 8 miles of running later, I decide to quit. What a satisfying run! If it wasn't for me running out of light, I would've kept going.
Run: Easy, 8.0 miles in 1 hour 27 min 55sec (10:59 avg). HR avg 146(77%)
So what would've happened if I let my laziness get the best of me? I would've missed one of my most enjoyable runs to date go to waste..

5 Comments:
Gotta love those runs when you feel like you can just keep going. I've had a few of those lately, and I can't get enough!
You are having a beautiful autumn! I can't believe how much the leaves have turned down there, when up in New England—at least in eastern MA—we're nowhere near peak. Gotta drive up to Vermont next weekend for that.
Great run!
Thanks for stopping by!Keep up the good work!!!
Someday I will run an "easy" 8 miles. I am not sure I have had an easy run yet, but I keep on running.
Go Vols! I am taking them on as my favorite SEC team. You know what my real loyalty lies.
Wow - look at those leaves! Here in Ohio, we've gotten nothing yet!
Nice run - I can't wait for the day I can just 'keep running' for an hour & 1/2, because I CAN. Wow...that will never cease to amaze me. I can't even picture myself doing that!
Post a Comment