Gotta work the next 3 days, so I forced myself(yes forced - kicking and screaming) to get out to run since there will be no chance of it the next 3. Today was the kind of day that makes you want to lay in bed, watch movies, and eat hot soup. Cool(cold), dark, dreary, blustery weather - I guess it must be Halloween cuz that's the kind of weather that goblins like.. :0
Took off to the gym to hit the dreadmill which was the first in nearly 6 months. Completely against it. No matter how cool it is outside you can bet that it is tropical weather inside. I remember reading somewhere that the average temp of a packed gym is around 80 degrees with the humidity nearly 80% due to "hot, sweaty" bodies. I must admit that today going to the gym was a nice change. My run went great but it took a bit to get in a groove on the TM. I started out @ 5.5mph warmup and gradually increased until I hit my groove around a half mile. The run felt so good that I decided to run intervals. I forgot how good treadmills were for doing intervals/ speedwork.
My run went like this:
m1 - 10:30, m2- 10:00, m3 - 9:13, m4 - 8:45, m5 - 9:32. 5 miles in 48:00(9:36 avg). I jumped back and forth between 5.5 mph(10:54pace) and 7.0 mph (8:34 pace).
Alright.. so maybe I was too hard on TM's and I guess I'll give it another try.
3 years ago
14 Comments:
Great 'mill workout. Really nice job with the speed/intervals homie... which reminds me to appreciate the simple things in our lives that are also nice like our family, friends, love, nature... ummm ... NOT! Bwahahaha. Gotcha!
Good luck getting through the next 3 days of work.
Nice intervals! And great you were able to rack up more than 5 miles on the hamster wheel. I'm ready to jump off after 3 with boredom.
I wish my treadmill run tonight was as good as yours. I was miserable! Glad you had a great run!
This weather is killing me.
Nice running, Dave, and way to "look on the bright side of life (whistle)." Can I go to your gym when it gets "cool" here this winter? ;)
Nice job my friend!
I cringed at this little stat
"80 degrees with the humidity nearly 80% due to "hot, sweaty" bodies."
*shudder* All that butt sweat . . .YIKES! LOL
Good job, Super(may I call you Super?) good dreadmill work even though I hate the dreadmill with the passion of a thousand white hot suns. I only use it when I absolutely, positively have to. Thanks for the comments over in my little corner of Blogland. I love the shoes-probably the best I've ever run in. Weather is good here, won't give the details cuz everyone will get all jealous and stuff...
Good job on the intervals! Perhaps I should follow your lead and give them a try.
Great job on the treadmill!!!
Thanks for the congrats!!!
I'm still ridding the anti-TM wagon for now...then again, I'm pretty much anti any exercise equipment. ;)
Hey! First of all, I will keep you posted on the phones. I will let you know next week!
As for the race. I thought it was okay. It did have some hills, but they were pretty spread out and not too awful. One thing I hated about that race and it will keep me from doing it again. It has to many people in it. It was awful. I was constantly dodging folks. I was miserable. That was my best run though. 2:11. I pushed though!
Ewwww...reading this makes me glad my TM is in my cool, non-humid rec room!
Great interval workout...i do some on occassion and intervals are so much easier to time on the treadmill - makes the time go by fast too!
Sounds like a great workout. Interval training is great so use the 'mill to your advantage this winter. :-)
well, i guess i'm in the minority here with all the real runners, but I actually like the tread sometimes. If it lets us do what it is we want to do in terms of improving our gorgeous healthy (I added that after) bodies, why not?
nagging nagnag.
whatcha doing this weekend?
more mill?
pounding the pavement?
all that...
Post a Comment