Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Small Town Goodies

5 days in a row of running, how great! After my grueling "dog" run Monday, I decided to do 2 easy "no goal" runs. I still don't have any major race plans on the books, but I may enter myself in a couple for the fall.
I live in a small town in Tennessee, which is a far cry from where I grew up - Chicago. I very much enjoy living here, but I often wish I was in other places; at least for a little while. Today was one of those days...

There isn't a whole lot of runners that I see in the area and there is defintely isn't a "running store." When I need "stuff," I have to go to the big city - Knoxville. LOL!! (I almost spit my drink out!) So to say that I get excited when I am able to browse or buy things at a running store, that is an understatement. I bought a new "handheld" water bottle because the dog ate my other (Post about that), another running magazine, and carb refueling for longer runs. I am "pumped!" How easily I am pleased.. Here is the "stuff."
Do you get as excited as me about stuff?

9 Comments:

RunningTarheel said...

Ooo, I love buying new running stuff too! I went to Borders the other day and they had a training log for 5 dollars! How great!

Have you had those jelly beans before? How are they?

Andrew is getting fit said...

Ooh! Running porn!

Lori said...

I love finding new things! I did a happy dance at the store when they started selling my Fage yogurt in a big tub instead of the little small containers.

Do those gel thingies taste good? I'm scared of them LOL

SuperDave said...

Hakuna I love the jelly beans, they have a bit of "tart" taste to them.
Andrew You know it baby!!
Lori Gel taste good;not particularly, but when you need quick refueling they work well. You have to drink them with fluids though.

FLYERS26 said...

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Stop by anytime. I always leave the lights on.
Nothing better than shopping for new "toys"!
You should subscribe to Runner's World. I think my sub is under $20.00 for the year.

Progman2000 said...

Nice blog - sorry to hear about your Amphipod, that is the same handheld I use, although that Ultimate Direction is supposed to be nice too.

Cyndi said...

I have a 'WishList' of stuff I 'need' ha ha...all seen in the back of RunnersWorld of course - I love checking out the websites (and seeing more 'stuff').

Unknown said...

LOLLLL about "Andrew is Getting Fit" comment... running porn. Got me cracked up. True to form, it is running porn.
Great post !! By the way, I used to live in Maryville, TN when I was a kid. (I didn't know I was a kid!) Its near Knoxville.

leslie said...

I agree that getting new running stuff is super fun. Laughing at the "running porn" comment! I live near an REI and they give you a 20% discount on gels/snacks/etc when you buy 12 of them. The other day I bought 12 Clif gels, the latest issue of Runner's World and a Spok light set -- small lights I can wear when running after dark. Big fun!