Thursday, September 18, 2008

Im draggin

Unfortunately, I've put in 60 hours of work in the past 4 days with 1 more day to go. Looks like the same for next week too.
When I put in big hours at work, my eating and running go South! I find myself daydreaming of running while at work. My job doesn't  allow me to run on a lunchbreak, because most of the time I don't get one. Eating on the run is the way it is most days and generally that means that I eat like crap. Weighed in nearly 2 weeks ago and lost an early 6 lbs, but I haven't been making good choices since then with food. For example, I eat a quick breakfast, then snack on junk throughout the day until whenever I get done seeing patients. Then on the way home; it is already 7 pm, which means eating a late supper- usually fast food. Most of the "girls" are always baking wonderfully good cookies and cakes at work which sabotages any chance of losing weight. Ugh...  Weight loss is a daily battle and it is kicking my a**    hahaha

I managed to run 2.5 miles yesterday after I got off work. It was difficult run due to fatigue and eventually I ran out of light. Sounds like my runners high from my big run the other day officially wore off..
Looking forward to this weekend- looks like we are going to have good weather. Another weekend catchup on running. It can't get here quick enough..

2 Comments:

Steven Cohen said...

Hang in there, buddy! What if you bought some protein bars (granola with nuts?) at the grocery, or maybe some almonds, so you could take better snacks with you? You can only do the best you can do, right?

Matt Keeling said...

Get after it this weekend, but you need to save time for the big game on Saturday afternoon! You are a Tennessee fan if I recall. Do me a favor huh. Make sure to put Tebow on his butt a lot. These people who still have him in the lead for the Heisman are just nuts. Got get em!