Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hurray for the weekend

Can you smell "Fall" in the air? Had a good run today. The temperature was a sweet 70 degrees at 11 am before my run - low humidity/sunny. I got dropped off at Walmart in a town next to me and decided to run back home - frankly I didn't have any clue of the mileage, I just thought it would be a good challenging run. This was a medium distance, hilly run with big elevation. I logged my starting and ending points on map my run after the run and noticed just how hilly this run was. I started out at 1100 feet and ascended to 1550 at the apex which was at the 5.5 mile mark. Holy Crap! It was a non-stop climb. On the drive there, I noticed there were some big hills, but it isn't until you start running on them that you notice just how big they are. I ended up running 8.4 miles in 1 hr 28min 45 sec. The avg was 10:34/ mile - not too bad for a hillier run. Also managed to get another 2.5 miles last night after work.
Running relieves stress!! I can't tell you just how much I needed to run today. I feel so much better!
After the run, I did about 4 hours of much need yardwork. Yard looks marvelous...haha
Luckily I stayed away from the TV today because my Volunteers got the "snot " beat out of them!
I wanted to mention that I ran 26.9 miles last week which is my biggest post college run ever.

7 Comments:

Steven Cohen said...

Way to use fitness as a stress reliever! More people in the medical field (and all fields) need to think of it that way. congratulations!

Michelle said...

Nice run Dave especially such a hilly route!! I'm so not used to running hills, where i run on the boardwalk its totally flat!!! Makes for easier running thats for sure!!

Michelle

SuperDave said...

Hey Michelle, There are days when I wish I could find a flat running surface more than a half mile.
Eh you know, live in TN - goes with the territory.

Anonymous said...

damn.
Im trying to get into running (trying, not doing, I know :)) as im a weights fanatic who does cardio because I have to.

CANT IMAGINE running that far with or without hills.

YET.

Lori said...

Exercise is a great stress reliever!

Congrats on the big run, that is something else!

Kimberly said...

Great Job on the run. We do not have any "hills" in NE North Carolina. My runs are mostly flat. I put up a new post to explain why I catch wood ducks. Hope that is answers some of your questions. Have a great day and keep up the great running.

Matt Keeling said...

First off you kick ass!

Second, since your Vols are down this year. I am cordially inviting you to the Mizzou bandwagon. Plenty of room, just hop on and enjoy the ride to the Bowl game.