Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Plan - again

I did it again. I didn't save my blog again!!! 3rd time is a charm right?
Its been a little over a year now and I have lost a big chunk of weight. I am at a plateau. The past 6 months I have lost about 30 lbs with only 5 of that in the last 3mo. The majority coming in the intial 6 months. Crystal clear, right? hehe.. Due to active lifestyle and healthier eating I was hoping to have lost more. The weight is coming off healthy though and that's the most important thing. I still want to lose another 50 lbs. Yikes! I remember reading an article about big weight loss and it stated that you need to give your body 3-6 months of "no weight loss" to rebalance everything. - skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments, bones, and of course your mental adjustments.
To be honest, I am a little discouraged. Just a little though.. I have found encouragement and inspiration through the many blogging sites that I visit. Up to now, I have ventured to lots of running blogs. I have found many new, great sites for weight loss and healthy living. It's nice to know that I am not the only person struggling with their weight and weightloss. There for a bit, I thought it was just me....
There are so many people our there that are willing to open up their lives to others to help and to be helped. To encourage and be encouraged. Thank you all!
Here are a few that I try to read on a almost daily basis.


Yes I know! I will get one of those sidebar thingies.. Enuff for now!

4 Comments:

SeaShore said...

My weight loss seems to be slowing down, too. Good for you for recognising that a plateau is a necessary part of the process! (And thanks for talking about it too!)

Anonymous said...

Don't get discouraged. Even with slow weight loss, at the positive is that you are working your plan and staying focused.

The weight will come off, and patience is really the hardest attribute to work on.

You're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Hey, man, the inspiration part is definitely reciprocal. All that you're doing is great motivation and inspiration for me and the rest of your readers I'm sure. You're awesome...just keep pushing!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.