Need I say more!!
Yes, I do!
It is pretty awesome to say that I got to see with my own eyes the best Olympic athlete of our time. 8 golds 16 overall 7 World Records 1 Olympic Record. Phenominal!! If your eyes didn't "well up" after watching the medal ceremony there is something wrong with you. I'm proud to be an American. Go USA!!
I'm sure a few of you have heard about Phelps diet/ eating habits. It's been all over the news. Phelps says that he eats about 10,000 calories a day to maintain his 190 lb weight while training. He says he eats lots of pizza and pasta(carbs.) It doesn't sound like the stuff of champions. A few dieticians have analyzed what he eats and it is more like 6000 calories. "To consume 10,000 calories a day, he would need to be eating all day long." Anyway we all wish we could do that!
I am going to give my take on that. I use to run between 60-75 miles a week while I was in college and I would play basketball for at least another 12 - 15hours a week - sometimes as many as 6 hours straight . I use to eat like crap, tons of junk food, supercarbs, fats, soda's and I estimate that I would eat 5000 calories a day. How much did I weigh?? 170 lbs on a 6'2" frame. I was lean and muscular. My body fat % was around 14. Not a problem then. My eating like crap then is a direct result in the way I eat now (or at least over a year ago.) That's how I gained all of my weight. When the exercise stopped, my eating didn't! I went from a lean 170 to about 220 in 6 months. Boy I wish I was a young lad again.. LOL!!

2 Comments:
I've always had bad eating habits but when I was young I did a lot of soccer, dancing, etc - when I stopped doing that I started ballooning.
To be young and have a great metabolism again. Used to be so much more active.
Post a Comment