This is my 2nd post of the day. I didn't want to take away from Michael "The Man" Phelps.
I just going to comment on my good trail run today. After the last 3 weeks of "lousy running", I couldn't be happier with my running this week. I almost got to 20 miles for the week - 19.15 to be exact. I had 2 easy, 1 medium, 1 tempo, and 1 interval run. I've not been able to do that in a while. When I got more chances to run, my attitude, my strength, my patience, my energy is so much better.
I ran again in Panther Creek State Park while knocking out 6.65 miles in 1hr 19 minutes. That's a 11:52 avg. Well normally I would be upset with that kind of pace, but the massive amount of hills that I have to ascend makes it okay. In fact, my HR pretty much stayed in the 170's the whole time. When I run the mountainous trails, I shoot more for a time running than a mileage. Lots of pliometrics during these runs. Tomorrow the quads, hammies, and gluteus maximus will be sore. LOL!!
Finally, took my youngest after church to another park (Fred Miller) and let him play in the water. Whilest I walked another 1.5 miles.
My son is such a stud!
3 years ago
2 Comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Yes, I am a runner (training for another 1/2 marathon). I am probably going to extend that training for a full marathon next spring.
I understand about being a fan of a certain team. Some of my good friends are VOLS fans!
Luckly you all rotated off of our schedule for a few years! :)
GO HOGS!
Trails are awesome. I don't worry about comparing pace on trails to the road. I compare how whipped I feel in a much shorter distance on the trails. It tells me I am getting a better workout.
Post a Comment