Sunday, August 31, 2008

August MIR and hot wings

First of all run, my run today. Trailed it - did 5.6 miles in 1:01:02, which is my fastest trail run to date. Since I hadn't run in 3 days due to work, I wanted to run at a quicker pace and I did. The humidity in the forest was awful, it had to be in the 95-100% range. The ground was still damp from the rain 3 days ago. I wanted to run at least 6.5 miles, but just couldn't. I downed my 20 oz amphipod by mile 5. Fall where are you???
Month in review: 2nd largest run month - 60.5 miles in 16 runs. Very happy with that, since it is August. I looked up my mileage for the year on buckeyeoutdoors and I am at 405 for the year. Wow, I had no idea. That is an avg of 50 miles a month for the year. Not to bad especially since I had a 2month nagging injury that eventually put me on the injured reserved list. hehe. I signed up for the 500 mile club on buckeyeoutdoors at the beginning of the year - looks like I just may pass 600!!
Luckily it is Sunday, and I am officially off the hook for eating clean. Last night I ordered 15 hot wings at my brothers restaraunt. I absolutely love hot, spicy food! My brother thought it would be funny to give me the "911 hot" instead. After I took a bite, I noticed that my mouth was on fire!!!! But, I kept my cool and slowly looked around the restaraunt to see if someone was playing a joke on me, and yes they were. My 2 brothers and the waiters/waitresses were all laughing at me. I pretended not to see them and continued to eat. I was dying - sweat was forming on my brow, my neck was bright red, and my mouth was shooting out flames. Believe it or not, I finished those wings and "played the joke off." Now to today - what goes in, must come out. My a** is on fire - 'Enuff said about that.' LOL!!
Watching fireworks tonight at Boomsday!!!

2 Comments:

Steven Cohen said...

Oh, what a nasty joke! Sounds like they got you twice, considering today. :( At least you're a good sport about it. Nice going on the total mileage. Maybe you should inquire about how far club members have gone. I'll look up my own soon.

Andrew is getting fit said...

Is it true that it's hotter second time round?