Wednesday, August 27, 2008

2 Runs today Woohoo

I don't normally blog this much, but I have a 6 day stretch off at the hospital and it has offered me a great chance to write a few things down. Additionally, I have been able to run 5 out of 6 days. During tonight's run; which was my second of the day, I was thinking how cool it would be if I was able to devote more time to running. It is definitely a passion of mine right now. Of course I am living in a dream world because my heavy work schedule (14 hour days and 70 hrs / week) goes back into effect in September. Then I will be cussing and complaining.. hehe
I have been doing very good on my eating this week. Avg - 2000cal/day, 30 fat grams and no goodies Lori. Weigh - In on Friday.
2 runs for the day. First 2.25 miles in 33 mins. (with dog, post below). Second was an easy run of 4 miles in 41:15. Got faster with each. m1 - 10:38, m2 - 10:35, m3 - 10:21, m4 - 9:41. Again, what did I take from this run? My HR. I've been staying well within the aerobic zone of my predicted HR (75-85%). My avg - 154(81%). That tells me that I am getting in better shape. I wasn't doing that before. I've also been able to wean myself from my mp3 player during runs(3 weeks now.) Long discussion about the mp3 player later -big debate going on in the running world right now!!
Lastly, I wanted to post my technology goodies for the runners out there. I use the Polar RS200sd running/biking watch. It tracks my HR and a few other things. That's how I am able to know my paces/distance/HR's/etc.. 3 items are included - watch, HR band, footpod(attatches to shoelaces.) It is not the best out there, but it is semi-affordable.









If you have the money to spend, I would go with the Garmin Forerunner 405. That will be my next watch I buy. All calculations are by GPS, not a footpod. You still have to purchase a HR band though.

5 Comments:

Kathy said...

I had to visit your blog after seeing your comment on Kate's yesterday! Brave Dave...that's what you are! lol

Steven Cohen said...

Nice running, Dave! BTW, a Garmin comes with the HR band, as long as you buy it in the box. I love my Forerunner 305, even if it's as big as my fist! :)

Andrew is getting fit said...

Well done!

Lori said...

One more day of clean eating to go!

Congrats on your 2 runs!

working at it said...

Hi. Thanks for your supportive post. I did read your blog. You are amazing! I want be a runner just like you. {smile} I'm hunting for shoes.