Monday, June 9, 2008

My new Tat

Alright, so I've been thinking about getting a runner tattoo for a month or so now. I know some people think that tattoos are silly, foolish, sac - religious(sp?), and a few other things. I use to be one of those people! I've gone through sort of a rebirth in my life - some may even call it a early midlife crisis, but it is defintely not a "crisis." I've been running on and off throughout my lifetime - Jr. high, College, post college, and now. Running is one of those things that I will be doing for the rest of my life. I know it! There are only a few things for me that are worthy of branding my skin for. They are run, my family, and God - Jesus. I thought about it early on in my twenties, but I'm glad that I didn't do it then. I probably would have gotten something with no importance back then.

So even though the "tat" may not look cool to some, it is cool to me. I searched over the internet for runner tattoos and couldn't find many. The one that I seen often was the winged foot. I chose something original that encompasses me. I usually have a smile on my face most of the time, so my "silly" tattoo fits me to a tee..

Here it is:

3 Comments:

Kimberly said...

I like the tattoo. Is it on your lower leg or arm? Hard to tell in the picture. Sorry to hear about your ribs. OUCH!!! I grew up 2 blocks from the beach in FL. Used to love to body surf with my Dad. Waves there aren't too brutal but I can see how one could knock you around. Hope that it gets heals quickly so you can get back to running.

SuperDave said...

It is on my lower leg ( ankle.)
The picture is sorta skewed due to my skill at photography. haha
Ribs are feeling better. I did a 5 mile run a couple days ago with mild pain. Hard to stop running even with pain. My addiction..

Michelle said...

Hey i love that tatt! Where did you find it? I am looking for something very similar!!!
Michelle