I had 2 really good days of running, they were actually enjoyable. Tuesday I felt great so I decided to push it a bit and do intervals in "ladder fashion." It was 70 deg, sunny, with 20mph winds. First I ran a 1mi warmup, then 1mi @ 9min, then 3/4 mi @ 8:45, then 1/2 mi @ 8:15, then 1/4 mi @ 8:00 pace with a 2 min recovery jog in between. I made sure to keep running and not completely stop to catch my breath. I finished up with 1/2 mile jog to top out @ 4.4 miles in 42:28.
It felt good and I wasn't zapped the rest of the day for once. I wish more runs were like that..
Today I decided to run easy. I had the day off and did quite a bit of yard work - mowing, weedeating, pulling weeds, pruning, you name it.. Yard looks great! LOL!! My run got started late and I had to run in the heat. 78 deg., sunny, 20+mph winds, 2:30 in the afternoon. I ran 4.02 miles in under 43mins. The last 2miles were a little hard. The wind was directly in my face and pushing against me. Luckily it kept me cool with the heat.
Yesterdays "hard run" seemed easier than todays "easy run." Either way it was 2 very good days of running!!
3 years ago
0 Comments:
Post a Comment