Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hill Run

Great day for running. About 60 degrees, sunny, 5mph wind.
Today I ran from my house to the church. My son Michael was playing soccer this morning and decide to run to the game instead of driving. I'm definitely crazy because I would've never thought of doing that in the past.
The road I live on is a rural road with a few subdivisions on it, so the traffic is regular but no shoulder to run or bike on. I have never run on it before, and after today I probable won't do it again. Traffic was continuously having to stop for me, and I could feel the pressure. Not safe at all. Some people would drive completely around me, but others would come real close to brushing me( or at least it seemed that way.) So much for the 3 feet running/bike law...
The elevation is nothing but up hill from my house for the first 1.5 miles, levels out for a bit , then back to elevation again. Tough run, good hill training run. I ran 3.6 miles in roughly 37 minutes. My HR peaked at the 95 % range during the last mile. I felt very comfortable, I could've pushed it harder early on but I decided to enjoy the run. Some days are meant for enjoyment, some days are for "panting."

0 Comments: