Saturday, May 24, 2008

TN Expo 5K/10K



Another great race. I ran the 5K on this one. I really wanted to do the 10K, but maybe next year I will do this same race with the larger distance. Lots of runners, approx. 1200. The race started out very slow after the gun went off. It took nearly 15 seconds to get to the starting line, then another 15 seconds to get to the be able to actually run. Over 1 min before I was able to open a stride.

Before every race, the directors tell the slower runners to start toward the back. I always line up middle to 3/4 back to not slow anyone up. This race there were way too many people that lined up toward the first 1/3 of the pack that should've been toward the back! A large group of girls that were running together wouldn't let people pass - frustrating. ( They were right in the middle). I know I would've been @ least 20 seconds faster if it wasn't for that group... My final time on my watch was 27:52. This was not chip timed or anklet timed so my time that I finished on the clock was over 28mins.. I beat my previous time by 23 seconds!! I averaged 8:59 for the 5K. WOOHOO!! I would've never thought that I could avg less than 9 min mile. (Yes barely <9..)

0 Comments: