Monday, February 4, 2008

Work and Running

It sucks when you want to keep up a good running schedule, but work gets in the way. If I was only rich.LOL!!
I have to work M-T-W-R-F this week, with driving and work it adds up to 14hour long days. No 9-5's in the medical field..
Between my fulltime job and my PRN(as needed) job that leaves no time for running. Somehow I have to fit in 15-20 miles this week, Where Oh Where will that happen????
I ran another 19 miles last week, back to back of 19 miles along with another 10 miles of bike riding. Since this Saturday's 5K race was cancelled, I decided to push my tempo run a bit. Yesterday I ran @ 9:35 5K tempo pace, Total of 4.25 miles including warmup/cooldown , my HR stayed in the 86-92% range for the middle 2 miles with 1st and last mile 70% and 82% respectively. Cardio is getting better. I feel like I have more that I can push out, but a little hesitant due to the knee! Today is a rest day. I will try to run tomorrow after work, 5-7miles? It looks like the weekend will be the brunt of my running miles.
Knee discussion - Instead of running a long,slow last Monday run of over 8 miles, I pushed a bit leading to knee pain. I diagnosed myself with the start of IT band syndrome . I broke the new runners 10% mileage increase rule twice which probably contributed to my pain.
Let's see, hmmm - Extra weight, too much too fast, not a strong base mileage, >10% weekly mileage increase.
Yes you dummy that will do it!!!!!!!!

0 Comments: