Saturday, February 2, 2008

Rest and HR's

Okay, I made the right choice today. I took Friday off running . My pride is hurt, but hopefully my knee will not. 3Days rest - will run tonight after work.
I was able to look into a fellow runners training log recently. He is pretty fast- with a 5:55min/mile avg over 10 mile race.
One thing that I noticed about his training is his HR's. During his tempo runs and speedwork, he maintains 85-100% HR max. Heart rates are relative to every runner. I have been in the 75-90% HR range. Conclusion - I need to pump it up during these training runs!
I currently do not know my HR max, but I have a good idea of it. Its between 189-194.

1 Comment:

42at42 said...

I like using my HR monitor to keep me slow on my long runs. I started using it to increase my intensity on my 10K runs. I like using it on my hill training just to see how fast my heart can beat.

I don't use it on every run. I also like running by feel.