So much the for the planned 5-7 miles today.. I ended up running 9.5 instead..Woohoo!! More work means less running opportunites, so there you go. Warm day 65deg (no complaint), windy and humid. Big storm coming in. I ran the first 3 miles in 10:30 pace, way too fast, geared down . My goal was to keep a 11:30 -11:45 pace on the long runs according to Runners World Smart Coach and McMillan's Running Paces. Easier said than done. It's difficult to slow down when you feel good and want to run faster. Anyway I did back off to 11:15-11:20 for the middle miles. My back began hurting around mile 6; my normal lower back fatigue, along with a little bit of boredom. I decided to run faster to get the run over with. I finished in 1:44:20 for a 10:59 pace.
2 topics that I want to cover today are boredom, and ice baths.
My Canadian patriarch Marty over @ 42at42 recently used an ice bath bath for recovery after a long run. What The -----?? Who in their right mind would fill a bath time full of ice and freakin jump in? How dumb? How crazy? What kind of________? So, I filled my bathtub and jumped in..
In all reality this is done often in every sport out there, quicker recovery. Most runners who run >10 mile runs do this. Hopefully it will pay of tomorrow, we'll see..
Boredom. Avid runners usually log miles by themselves. It's difficult to get most people off the couch and get them to run. Finding 2 or more runners that run the same pace, same miles, same run schedules, in the same area is difficult to say the least. Oh I have friends, but they think that running is a curse of the devil..LOL
I find that the longer that I run the more difficult it is to keep my mind focused. For example today, music was playing the whole time and I can't remember one song that I listened to. I know that I must've looked at my watch every stinkin minute after mile 3; Praying that I could see the end.. A few times I said to myself, "You are so sexy you wild beast of a man!" Oops,sorry that was last nights dream.. :0
"I going to cut this run short." I said . Boredom "Is What It Is."
(Note to self) Think of last nights dream while running.
3 years ago
0 Comments:
Post a Comment