Isn't it funny how some days you have the energy/motivation/will to run as fast and as long as you want to. Other days you can't run 2 miles without thinking it is the end of the world. That's my running life right now..
Here today, gone tomorrow.
I'm back @ my knee pain again or lets say, "never left." I can't seem to get over this injury. I have been resting it much more, I backed off 10% on my weekly mileage, taking out the long run this week, and very little running this week. Additionally, I have been icing my knee after runs to quicken the healing process. I purchased a knee brace that helps with stabilization and reduces the "jarring" effect while running. I have a 10K race this Saturday that I'm actually pondering dropping out of. It's very depressing..I've always had a high tolerance for pain, so when I say it hurts, it hurts! The last thing that I want right now is to damage my knee.
Running is so much to me @ this stage in my life. Not only is it helping with my weight loss, it is giving me a confidence in myself that I have not had for a very long time. I am going through a major change in my life(another topic within itself), and this is my relief/my peace/my enjoyment. Quitting running is not an option at all, even for injury!!! One of the coolest things that I have found out about running is the community out there. All you have to do is read the message boards, and the fanatics "are a plenty."
The pity party is over! LOL
3 years ago
0 Comments:
Post a Comment