As I log more and more miles my effort gets easier and easier. I'm averaging 11-14 miles/week running, crosstraining 5-8miles on bike, and 2-4 miles on elliptical. When February hits, I plan on ramping up my running to 15-18miles/week.
I had a good week running. On Monday, I ran my longest nonstop running of 6.5 miles. I'm avg about a 12/min mile over the long runs. The goal being to increase my running base and increase my long run days. Even though it seems like my other running days are catching up to my long run days. Goal next week is to go 7 miles on those days. The problem is ,since it is cold outside I'm doing my running on a treadmill. Do you know how boring it is to run for 90 mins on a TM?? Yuck!
Back to this week.. Today I ran Tempo/Speed Work(Fartlek) covering over 4miles. After warmup of 1/2 mile, I ran tempo of 2miles and Fartlek of 1.5miles. Fartlek included (2) - 1/4mile runs @ 9:15 pace, (1) - 1/4mile run @ 8:34 pace, while maintaining my tempo pace of 0.1 miles in between. I had enough gas to do at least 2 more, but held off for (a): I would've beat my 5K PR- want to wait for Saturday's race for that, (b):Didn't want to "push it too hard" to mess up Saturdays race. My 5K time today was 30:20, my PR is 30:15. I could've easily beat that. I see you snickering at the time..Don't make me have to get my stick!!
Conclusion, I have to work the next 2 days and then race day on Sat!
DavesTrainingLog
3 years ago
0 Comments:
Post a Comment