Thursday, January 17, 2008

Knees Back Oh My

I am running in a 5K race this Saturday. It will be my second race in January. I signed up for 2 more races in Feb. ,
one 5K and one 10K. Unfortunately my February 5K race was cancelled- reasons unknown.. I'm a little bummed out about it. I'm loving those 5K races - they are short and fast, easy to train for, and are fun!
I'm still continuing to have mid, upper back strain while running. It seems to be a conditioning solution though. The farther I run, the more the pain kicks in toward the end of run. It use to hurt at the 1 - 1/2 mile mark, now at the 3mile mark. Okay 1 more gripe...My knees are killing me. I know it is due to my weight and the amount of running I am doing. I want to increase my mileage, but my knees don't. I run 3times/week now and want to incr. to 4.
Stick to the plan and keep losing!

1 Comment:

42at42 said...

Thanks for the comment over on my BLOG. It is a great support community.
It is a long journey getting the weight down, but the long journey is necessary. If the weight came off tommorrow, we wouldn't learn how to keep it off. Keep up the great work.