Friday, October 17, 2008

TGIF

TGIF! At work right now, have a couple minutes. Thanks everyone for your comments, they were nice. Just to inform you all again. I am in a new era of running and those times I use to run with are far, far away from what I can do today. I think when I get below 200 lbs, I may be able to run between 7-8min/ miles on a regular basis, but then again maybe not. Of course I am much older(38) and weigh much more so we'll see.. Just got to get the weight off..
Speaking of weight, Many of the bloggers here use Weight Watchers and have sucess with it, so maybe I'll give that a try. I've always been against "weight-loss programs" , or at least I don't do well with em. I've done well with" the burn more calories than I take in method." But I am open to anything at this point, just got to get motivated.. Arghh..
Heading to "The Smokies" again this weekend to cookout and fellowship with my co-workers. Looking forward to it. Specifically to Cades Cove; where I ran my first half marathon distance back in September. I won't run that far this time, but maybe at least 10 miles, we'll see - depends how I feel..
So far this week, I have run 11 miles. (2) - 2.5 mile runs and (1) - 10K run. My 10 K run I decide to run @ 2pm , which coincided with the hottest part of the day(84 degees.) It was almost disasterous(sp?). I started out at an easy pace of 10min/mile , then by mile 4 I was feeling it. My HR started to get the 85-90% range, so I back off by 30sec/ mile without much change. I eventually had to walk twice. This was a hilly run and I drank plenty of fluids, just to hot!!
I ran again last night with my son. I'm finding this to be good for my soul. How often do you get to spend quality time with your kids? Not as much as you like, especially as they hit the teenage years. So I'll get to look back at these moments in my life and cherish them. Very cool...
I'll try to post Sunday and tell you if I survived the "big run." I'll take some pics too...
Hope your weekend goes well.. :)
PS sorry for the spelling errors and run-on sentences. hehe

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tracker request: POSTED on my blog :-)

Your time with your son is great for your soul and for his too. Maybe one day he'll be doing a half marathon with you. :-)

Enjoy your time in the Smokies this weekend. AND maybe we'll see you in April at the Country Music Half...

Donnalouise said...

I think runon sentences fit you perfectly!! I was going to tag you with that same meme but you had already been tagged! Thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

LOL I lived in the Detroit area for 4.5 years and I worked downtown LOVE IT!!

Thanks for the heads up :-)