Monday, August 11, 2008

Sun does come out

First I'll start with my running. (Ok B*tch session - *I know* I don't like that word either, but I have to. ) Lately, my running has felt horrible. It's not been fun, it's been exhausting, my miles keep getting less and less, the heat sucks, and my reinjury of my ribs has cost another setback - I have to wear a restricting chest binder. I may just be in a "burnout zone." I've been working a ton of hours this summer. I guess all those things put together have made me a little "whiny." If I don't get to run through the week, I literally get depressed. (Ok done) It gets brighter paragraph by paragraph. The sun does shine though :)

Had a great run this evening. Ran only 2.5 miles, but it felt great! - was in the zone. My ribs hurt, but I tried to put that in the back...Way back.. I eecked out a little less than a 10min avg. I did 3 strides and knocked out the last 1.5 miles in 13mins 20 sec (8min53sec avg.) I haven't ran fast in a while. (Fast for me.) Yesterday I ran 2.5 miles. What? Back to back days of running. Holy Cow! I am on a roll. hehehe...
Well unfortunately; until my ribs heal, I had to stop the 100 pushups challenge. I was ready to start W4D1 of the program. It looks like I will have to start fresh. My kids are happy though. I was dragging them through the program with me. *I think secretly they are glad that dad's ribs are broke*
Next post - I have a plan...hmmm

0 Comments: