I was able to get another great day of trail running in. With the heat @ what it is and my lack of ability to get up before 9 am on my days off, I find that running under the cover of trees is the best way to run. Rather hot today - 85 deg/75% humidity/sunny. I tried 3 new trails today, ran a little bit farther, and on a better pace. 6.05 miles in 1hr 10mins 17 seconds. I stopped a few times to drink water. I wasn't concerned about my pace at all, but I was looking to get in at least an hour of running. The amphipod has saved my life.
The time goes by so much faster while running in the park. I find myself looking around and enjoying the scenery. For the second time this week, I didn't bring my mp3 player. Very enjoyable. I also felt a little more confident about opening up my stride - I was afraid the other day, for fear of twisting an ankle. You see, I have bent my ankle over on so many occasions( at least 20,) that my tendons and ligaments in both ankles are like loose rubberbands. Why? That would be due to many years of basketball.. If you have played any "real" basketball, you know that it is inevitable.
I really need to start carrying my camera whilest I run. I see much wildlife on my treks.
3 years ago
0 Comments:
Post a Comment