Sunday, June 29, 2008

Running Blind

Nice to finally get some rain after our couple week drought.
Got in 13 miles for the week, 52 miles for the month. And quite a few walks ( hikes.) Not too bad.. Especially for my work schedule. I'll take it.
I had a couple of 2.7 mile runs earlier in the week then a nice 8 mile run today. I forgot my Running watch today, so I had to run " blind." It turned out to be a blessing. I didn't pay attention to miles or pace or HR. I just ran for the enjoyment of running. Ran a new route and it felt great. I checked my time and it was 1hr 22 mins. I figured I had gone about 7 miles. Nope. 8.1!! Checked the mileage with the truck. I avg 10:07, which is great for me. I could've gone another 2-3 miles, but it began to rain.
I only seen 2 other runners today while I was out, but very interesting. Two fairly amazing runners. 1st person was a gentleman that I had seen @ a couple of races. He was over 70 years old ( body looked like a fit 40 yr old), tan, and wearing a "little" pair of shorts (Ewww). He had won his age group races. He could clock sub 50, 10k's. The second person was a girl - I couldn't figure where I knew here from ; then it hit me! She was the winner of the Knoxville Marathon last year, and I also found out that she was my "new" neighbor. A few doors down - cool huh?
Anyway.. Both are equally great racers. You see, I like running- I am defintely not a racer, at least not anymore. Those days are long gone. I use to race in college. Actually pretty fast..
15:02 5K and 4:19 mile were my fastest. *Sigh* Yes they are longggggg goneeee.................
Heading up to the Smokey's for the next couple of days to camp and hike. Really looking forward to it!!!

0 Comments: