Good weather today. YIPPEE!! Today was a great day for running in my small world. I continue to expand my "long run" day mileage per week. Today I ran 8.15 miles in 1hr 29mins for a pace of 10:55/mile. Very excited at the mileage and pace. I will not lie, it was difficult . About 1/4 mile into my run, I passed a dead skunk on the road(smell was awful). The run had many elevation changes, most were gradual long hills. About 4 miles in, the pitbull from hell scared the living **** out of me. I think I broke the 100meter yard dash by at least a second. At the 6mile mark, I began pondering how much running sucked!!!LOL. Luckily "Animal" by Nickelback kicked in on the ZEN and the thought left and my pace quickened. The last mile was tiring, but I knew I was closing in on my truck. As I got closer to the end of the run, the sweet smell of roadkill kicked in. How sweet it was! I could now see my truck in sight and a big smile emerged.
I lack a few things still that I wish I had for running. I eventually want to start running @ different places and longer distances. I need a running belt for water, cellphone(emergency), keys, cash, portapotty, recliner,etc. - (hehe) small things. I wish I had a running partner in my area. I've joined a track club, but I have to drive 40+miles to run with them..I will try and run with them at a later date. I wish I had a way to time my splits - my hope diamond is the Garmin 405. Currently I have no waying of knowing where mile to mile is, times, or paces. Seasoned runners know their paces without looking at watches. Not me... Not having any of these things will stop me from running, but I could dream..
3 years ago
0 Comments:
Post a Comment