Sunday, January 27, 2008

January Winding Down

To start with, I have been sick with Strep Throat all week. Between sounding like a horse, switching between runny and stuffed up nose, and the continuous headaches it has been a good week.LOL! The funny thing is that my sickness has not stopped my running one bit! I really tried my excuse to not run, but I was afraid to let myself down..
I'm excited to say that I ran >19miles this past week with my long run being at 7miles. Additionally I got time to bike 10miles. I count the start of my running weeks on Monday due to my work schedule. I try to get in my long runs on Monday or Tuesday's. It's nice to see that longer mileage in the beginning of the week than the end -it takes a little pressure off my goals for the week and helps my mental psyche too. Most people do their longs on the weekends and count Sundays as the first of the week..
I don't like running 3 days in a row, but I have to do it again this week in order to get my miles in. Tomorrow will be my third day in a row running and unfortunately it is my long run day. I hope I am not too tired. The weather is supposed to be nicer and I am looking forward to doing my running outside.
Back felt good this week(getting stronger), knees surprisingly did not hurt with the higher mileage. I haven't weighed myself in a while, maybe I've dropped a few more lbs. *fingers crossed*. That could be the reason my knees are not hurting as much. *knock on wood*

0 Comments: