Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years 5K


I did it!

My first 5K race in over 15 years. It was exciting and exhilirating!

I finished in 30:15. That's a 9:47 pace. Great for me.
I ran in the Clydesdale division >200 lbs . I finished 7th in my division.
The race was along Neyland Drive by UT stadium. There was 450 people in the race. A little chilly 35 deg, but sunny. There was a strong headwind for the first 1.5 miles, approx 15 -20 mph. On the last 1.6 miles it was at our backs. Thank God!

I ran with Chris, Robert, Pam and Brandy. Chris finished 2 mins ahead and Robert 2 mins behind me.

I sprinted the last quarter mile passing about 8 people, it was sweeeetttt! I had a big crew cheering me on including my 2 oldest sons as I ran through the finish line. Chris handed me a gatorade when I finished. I had to decline quickly, because I was about to barf...LOL! That lasted about 5 seconds, then I was good to go.

Today was a great day. Satisfaction..


0 Comments: